Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    iamcam is on a distinguished road

Default Android: Two fields show up on text field focus

Android: Two fields show up on text field focus

* Android 2.2
    * Sencha Touch 1.0.1a
    * Sencha Touch 1.0.2
    * When putting focus on a text field, Android draws another copy of the input field elsewhere on the screen. Tapping to focus on another field changes the input field, but the OS input continues to be in the wrong place.

My app setup consists of a main app wrapper, which contains the home screen, which contains a panel wrapping an html item and carousel that contains the login fieldsets (two different locations - not my API). Basically the HTML is static above the carousel so you can swipe the bottom half left/right.
    If the html item and toolbar are present (and/or), the text inputs will get the double-entry fields. See the attached broken.png for a visual demonstration of the error. Note that the focused field is the password field and I did type in "password". Yikes.

Removing the docked toolbar and the html content panel will push the fieldset up the screen as expected, and the OS-drawn input lines up perfectly over the HTML-drawn field.

Screenshot or Video:
    See the attached files: broken, working (handset - HTC Incredible; works same in emulator). Note: in broken.png the active field is actually the password field (typed in "password").

Debugging already done:
    Tried both versions - with and without panel content above the fieldset. Taking stuff out fixes it in this case. If I add additional HTML content items *within* the carousel card, that does not affect the field draw positions.
    broken.jpg
    working.jpg

Possible fix:
    I believe this partially has something to do with where the top of the form field is located v.s. where Javascript thinks it's located. I don't know if Android tries to scroll the content up (can't) before adding the OS input field, but it seems like the mis-reported Y-pos of the field is the cause.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    danfrist is on a distinguished road

Default I have the same issue

I have the same issue

I see this on prompt dialogs in Android 2.2 HTC evo.

Any solution?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    addeadde is on a distinguished road

I have a similar problem. Well I had the problem when I put the fields in a Carousel. I changed the layout to a regular panel and it works as intended and I have no idea why.

I messed around with some scrolling and random tapping and I also think it might have something to do with where something thinks it's supposed to draw the field.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I've had similar problems. I wonder if it has something to do with whether or not the content is rendered in DOM or not.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    danfrist is on a distinguished road

Default What I did

What I did

Yeah, my problem was with a text field in a prompt dialog, which was being launched from and displayed over a carousel.

I ended up using an action sheet instead and it works fine.

I haven't tried putting a form (text field) in a carousel panel.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Ah. Sounds like the same problem either way. I checked out the Sencha blog post on the Pier 1 mobile site on my HTC Incredible and they're experiencing the same thing with form fields getting taken over and/or displayed wrong on the screen. I'm not sure how much JS can coerce the browser.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    perry_jia is on a distinguished road

Yes, passwordfield is so strange. don't metion the carousel , the simple form contains passwordfield just has this problem.

have you solved the problem? waiting your message

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Considering that second field is outside the DOM, there's not much we can do about it directly. I had some *luck* with this once by trying some alternative layouts. In my case I switched from putting a form field inside a carousel to just making it a regular card. I have a suspicion that it might have something to do with nesting panels and cards, though I can't say for certain because i've been unable to reproduce it (not that I want to).

Going back to the DOM thing - I believe it may be a webkit/android bug because it seems like the browser thinks the field is somewhere else in the viewport. Could Sencha fix this somehow, or is this a Sencha bug? Maybe.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    perry_jia is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much, and i also post a bug report
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-Passwordfield
    Hope the Sencha developer can notice it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jameshenderson is on a distinguished road

Default I've got the same problem

I've got the same problem

If it helps, I'm not inside a carousel, and it also happens with all types of text fields, not just password types.