Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Christiand is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rhelms View Post
    I may as well start with the beta.
    I don't understand why. New comers should start with Ext Js 3. It's rock solid and the doc is accurate with proper examples. The little code you will built will be easily upgradeable to 4 when it's finally release with proper documentation and all component finalized.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rhelms is on a distinguished road

It is most likely that I will end up doing some work with ExtJS 3, but ExtJS 4, even in it's beta state, is giving me a much better idea of where it is going.

Especially when it comes to things like extending GridPanel in it's new form, trying to retro fit plugins and features like auto column widths and filters.

At the moment, ExtJS is a learning exercise for me. I've been told it has a steep learning curve, but once you've got that down, it's smooth sailing. Given the choice, I'd rather hit that curve on how ExtJS will be looking going forward, rather than how it once looked. I hope Sencha make the migration process as smooth as possible, but the next best thing is not having to do a migration in the first place.

Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Christiand View Post
    I don't understand why. New comers should start with Ext Js 3. It's rock solid and the doc is accurate with proper examples. The little code you will built will be easily upgradeable to 4 when it's finally release with proper documentation and all component finalized.
    Easily upgradeable with a compatibility layer, which is really a conversion crutch. If we're this close to a release of Ext 4, you're going to have to learn how it does things anyway. Why learn 3 now to have to unlearn it? I say all in for Ext 4!