Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light

Default [FIXED] Export project fails silently if files read-only

[FIXED] Export project fails silently if files read-only

I see that the status bar now indicates a failure if the .xds file itself is read-only and you try to save the project. However, if, for example, the ui.js file is read-only, then Export Project still fails to write out the new file and the status bar indicates that the save was successful.

Of course a preference option to silently overwrite read-only files in all cases would be my favorite option

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Understood! Thanks.

P.S. overwriting read-only files is impossible without first changing the attribute on the file. Not sure if we even want to go down that road, but certainly will consider it We don't want to hear anyone getting upset because they left that option toggled and their Source Control was no longer able to do its job...if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by jarrednicholls; 18 Mar 2011 at 8:06 AM. Reason: ps

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light

Sure, I can understand not wanting upset people if it saves and they didn't want it to.

If this is a concern, maybe there could be a compromise where you just prompt for the ability on a case by case basis. We could get a dialog box to the effect that 'We couldn't save your changes because some files are read-only. Do you want to make these files writeable?'

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Designer 1.1.2 ready for download: http://www.sencha.com/products/designer/download/

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Sweet - I like the way this works now. Thanks for the quick response!

Is there any chance of making a failed save of the project do the same thing - with the dialog as opposed to the status message?

I know I had suggested perhaps making the files writeable, but if I at least have an in-you-face dialog telling me there was an error I can deal with it on my own. My concern with the status bar failure message is that it's too easy to miss and looks too much like what happens on a successful save (both being status bar messages) - I like what you did with the Export a lot better.