Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nmcbride is on a distinguished road

Default [FIXED] ExtDesigner for Linux 64 Bit seems to be broke.

[FIXED] ExtDesigner for Linux 64 Bit seems to be broke.

I just go the notice that I needed to update my ExtDesigner, and it is not working at all. All I get is the following:

Code:
    [nmcbride@localhost ExtDesigner]$ ./ExtDesigner
    Loading libion: /home/nmcbride/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/libion-1.1.1.so
    Loading Ion resource: /home/nmcbride/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/xds-1.1.1.ion
    Load result: Success
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    Luckily I had the 1.0.3_2 installer still so I just re-installed that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Moving to Designer Bugs.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hi nmcbride,

What OS distro are you using, and verison? Can you do a `uname -a` and paste that? Thanks.

You can use the 32-bit version, as that ought to have more success. There is an over optimization occurring in GCC for the 64-bit build. Knowing your distro and version will help us diagnose & resolve. It runs on Ubuntu 8.04 and 10.10, so it's apparently a per-system issue (or we wouldn't have released it...)

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Fedora 14

Linux 2.6.35.11-83.fc14.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Feb 7 07:06:44 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Thanks, I installed Fedora 14 64-bit and confirmed that it is the same over-optimization issue, seg faulting at the same address in memory. And also confirmed (after installing the proper 32-bit libs through yum) that the 32-bit build works quite well...which I would recommend doing in the meantime while we find a solution and put a new build out.

We ran into the same issue on Ubuntu 8.04, 9.10, and 10.10 when we built with optimizations on. After we re-built with optimizations turned down/off, we no longer had any troubles. However, Fedora 14 appears to still have a problem. So, we'll see about compiling with a different compiler or altogether different options

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Ok thank you. I don't like cluttering my system with 32bit libraries so I will just use the previous release for now. Is there a ticket or something that is opened that I can monitor to know when it is fixed?

Vote Rating

I'm marking this thread as the open ticket, so you'll receive a reply here with follow up/notice. Thanks.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Oh, ok. Thank you very much.

Vote Rating

Hi nmcbride,

You can download a new build at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12081268/libion-1.1.1_1.so which was built against a newer version of GCC, and is confirmed working in Fedora 14 64-bit. You can just copy this file to your installation folder as is, and launch the app.

Let me know if this works for you when you can, so I can certify it. Thanks.

Vote Rating

Designer 1.1.2 ready for download: http://www.sencha.com/products/designer/download/