Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shaneavery is on a distinguished road

Default Status of future integration?

Status of future integration?

@ edspencer,

Thanks for the commendation. Has there been any discussion about integrating this patch or one like it into a future release? What is the consensus with the development team? If there is a plan to add this functionality, could you share with us what it is, and a possible ETA?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mdeboard is on a distinguished road

I'd also like some information about whether or not this patch will be applied to core ExtJS as well. ExtJS is a great product and this sort of capability is exactly what I need for my use case.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    plalx has a spectacular aura about plalx has a spectacular aura about

Integrated support for schemaless databases is getting really important as document oriented databases are growing in popularity and will be even more popular with UnQL ... I hope this will make it to the data package

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    smijar1 is on a distinguished road

Default This patch or something along these lines is absolutely invaluable

This patch or something along these lines is absolutely invaluable

Please accept this patch or something similar to this. The current implementation goes against the trend of having rich relationships expressed in deeply nested JSON structures, unless you model the whole hierarchy and prevents updates to the JSON structures in a predictable manner.

The ExtJS UI view models should ideally not impose a structure on the backend or make assumptions about whether the source is a relational normalized structure or a deeply nested JSON object. It leads to having to create workarounds to override the functionality of the data package to deal with deeply nested JSON structures and not use its great features.

Another nice way to deal with this, would have been for the native Data package to have used something like JSONPath to indicate how to assemble the view model from a Deep JSON structure. Along with this JSONPath directive, you can add metadata around validations, transformations if need be etc.

Could also have added an observable so that data in the View Model updates the backend model as well.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Is there any status on this? I had assumed, because readers read nested data structures, that writers would do the same. I am very surprised this has not yet been implemented.

Vote Rating
    Munter is on a distinguished road

Default Giving up on Sencha

Giving up on Sencha

I just want to let you guys know that me and the company I work for have given up on Sencha getting anything fixed in any usable time frame. We are moving on, and I will no longer be advocating for this patch, nor will I make any updates if new Ext JS versions are released.
    This lack of feedback is the prime reason for the decision. We are tired of trying to give away our work for free and not even getting any feedback on whether it's being considered or not.

If anyone wants to keep this patch alive, please fork it on github and catch me for some sparring on twitter or irc.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rlegend is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update Munter.

@Sencha folks: I'm now in a awkward position where I desperately want to upgrade to Touch 2.0, for performance reasons, but I cannot because its data package is unusable for CouchDB without the changes discussed in this thread.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    abstraction.barrier is on a distinguished road

Default Extremely disappointing

Extremely disappointing

I'm just getting my feet wet with sencha and couchdb and was very excited...until I saw this. Because I don't have the technical background yet to answer this myself and I need to make a decision soon, can someone give me a prognosis for extjs, sencha touch, and couchdb interoperability going forward? Its going to be quite a while before I'm qualified to maintain the necessary patches myself but I want to use it in a production system I'll be building over the next few months....is this a good idea or should I look for other platforms?

Daniel

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nbester is on a distinguished road

Default +1 for getting this done please

+1 for getting this done please

Just another voice pleading for the inclusion of this patch into the main release... These capabilities will really benefit my projects. Any word on whether this is just suffering from other priorities or whether a decision against it has been made?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sissonb is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to add that this functionality would be very useful.