Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    prometheus is on a distinguished road

Question Is there an official UX repository? Where?

Is there an official UX repository? Where?

Hi! I'm planed to returning to the community and I experienced some strange thinks about UX'es:
    • ExtJS 4 head forum has no UX forum.
    • Learning center has some oldie stuff, no ExtJS 4 UX'es too...
    • There's no information about where and how to post UX'es if I have (or will have) one.
    Thanks for your time to answer, regards:
    prometheus

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Nickname is on a distinguished road

I don't think it is good to develop any ux for ExtJs4 in the preview releases.
    API and whole components can be refurbish or completly rewritten.

Opening a subforum like UX can suggest to some developers that there is an API / code freeze.
    I will wait for the first beta release before thinking of release any extensions.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    prometheus is on a distinguished road

The first beta is out now

So... I think about that previews (and so on) API is not really complete to create UX'es but think about that is a way to develope components in the same time while Ext 4 developing by the Sencha guys. It means the UX developer must be follow the bugfixes and changes I know but I think this way is another way for testing Ext. It's only my opinion.

Change the question now: have we any chance to Sencha creates an official UX repository for Ext 4?

I think that Learning center is great as possible but depricated as hell and it's a wiki, not a project source directory. My idea is a central place where user take request for a repository folder to GitHub or GoogleCodes or any other public accessible VCS.

For example GitHub has a great API to manage users, orgs and everythink all.
    User could submit a GitHub username if it has one or can choose an option to create a new GitHub user (for example in the form of "sencha_ux_username" where "username" is the user's Ext Forum username - so an example: "sencha_ux_prometheus") and specify a password to it and the orgs list to choose many Sencha project where the user wants to join to submitting UX components.
    So the central service can:
    - check for the user if exists
    - if not exists then create a new user with the specified password and the user's Ext Forum email address
    - bind the user to the Ext UX developer's orgs based on what the user selected on the projects' list
    - create the neccessary folders (for example: /sencha_ux/ext4/ux/prometheus, /sencha_ux/ext3/ux/prometheus,... and so on)
    - take some standard commits (for example a README and a LICENCE file) for each userfolder
    - display the neccessary informations about how to use the repo.

...all via the GitHub API, the Git VCS tool and pure XHTML to display the infos.

And so, if I want to checkout all the UX'es, I can checkout the /sencha_ux/ext4 folder just for example. Required coding standard is minimal: if I have components under the /sencha_ux/ext4/ux/prometheus folder, my UX must be under the Ext.ux.prometheus namespace. It's a little refactoring issue should appear about that but very informative I think and protect the developers from class name conflicts (for example I and 4 more user has a Checkbox UX, ofcourse in the Ext.ux.Form.Checkbox way, after the refactoring in the Ext.ux.prometheus.Form.Checkbox, Ext.ux.user1.Form.Checkbox and so on).

What do you think about this idea?