Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    radtchenko is on a distinguished road

Question [OPEN/DEFER]Ext Designer crashes on preview attempt

[OPEN/DEFER]Ext Designer crashes on preview attempt

Hi,

Some background info for a start:
    `uname -a` output: "Linux izhevsk 2.6.35-27-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 22 20:25:46 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux"
    Ext Designer version: 1.1.2 x64

With one of my projects, the application tends to crash with a "Segmentation fault"-message when I click on the preview button after saving my project. Also, while using the application, several strange warnings like "Application asked to unregister timer 0x59000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application." appear arbitrarily. Command line output for reference below:

Loading libion: /home/radtchenko/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/libion-1.1.2.so
    Loading Ion resource: /home/radtchenko/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/xds-1.1.2.ion
    Load result: Success
    QFont:etPixelSize: Pixel size <= 0 (0)
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x59000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x73000001 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x19000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x10000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x6c000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x26000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x70000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x52000005 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x1e000005 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x4000005 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x6b000005 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x71000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x2d000004 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Segmentation fault
    Project file is attached as well.

I haven't tried the 32-bit version yet. Will do, since I've read elsewhere on this forum the problem doesn't occur there.
    Attached Files

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

I too have seen this issue occur, it is very intermittent and appears to be a problem within Qt 4.7.2. We'll run debug builds and try to crash it (although the crash may be from over-optimization in a release build), and see if we can narrow down where the issue occurs. I haven't had this issue occur in 32-bit linux, Windows, or OS X...so I have a feeling it is similar in nature to the over optimization problem of 64-bit linux and GCC. We shall see.

The timer issue is also a Qt 4.7.2 thing, and it is perfectly harmless according to Nokia. It's just a notice message and it's fixed in their HEAD of 4.8.0 and will not print out when they release 4.8.

Vote Rating
    radtchenko is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your quick reply. 32-bit version works fine so far indeed, will stick to it for the time being.