Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    isaac is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED]Tree and Node filtering

[CLOSED]Tree and Node filtering

There is no way that I can see to do filtering on a tree/treestore/treeview/nodes. NodeInterface does not provide a filter method. The tree class has a filter method but it calls a non-existent node.filter(). TreeStore also has no filter. Looks like it's just a missing piece, as opposed to broken code.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

We have this on our radar.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    deister is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Well, 4.0 has been released and, as far as I know, tree filtering is still missing.

I expected all Ext3 features would be present in Ext4. I find this very disappointing.

Could you provide a list of features that were present in Ext3 that didn't make it to Ext4?.

Cheers,

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    alexmace is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Must be somehow related to this issue. And yes, there are A LOT of things that were working in ExtJS 3 and are now not working in ExtJS 4.

So, you have this on your radar and you CLOSED the bug?
    How typically Sencha... I see nothing really changed in how you people are answering on the forums...

There are more and more people realizing the fact that you released a BROKEN and UNFINISHED product (despite a 2 months delay).
    3 months ago I was suspecting something terribly wrong was going to happen with this release and here it is, even worse than I thought.

Can't filter trees...
    Documentation incomplete...
    SASS theme generation not working...
    Neptune theme missing...
    Tons of bugs...

Should I go on?

Can't really understand how you guys are hoping people will pay $2,400 to learn how to upgrade to a BROKEN product

# months ago Ed was saying - and I quote "I'm wary of spending too much time justifying what everybody else recognizes as a very solid preview of Ext JS 4". Really? Can you say that again with a straight face? Hell, if you ask me, even the so called final version doesn't qualify as a "solid preview".

We are now switching to Dojo (which by the way is free and just works), but only after we discovered that paying for a non-functional product version was a terrible mistake...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

One last thing: 3 months ago I said what I said and I wasn't wrong.

Now I must say it doesn't look like EstJS will be anywhere near a usable state before version 5.

Anyone willing to take a bet ?...

Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by alexmace View Post
    So, you have this on your radar and you CLOSED the bug?
    How typically Sencha... I see nothing really changed in how you people are answering on the forums...
    Perhaps the bug was closed because you offered no information that would have helped solve a problem.

We are now switching to Dojo (which by the way is free and just works), but only after we discovered that paying for a non-functional product version was a terrible mistake...

Eight posts in three months. Eight complaints. Zero posts with specific information to help solve a problem. Six posts in the last hour dripping with sarcasm.

Your contributions to the Sencha community will be missed, and I'm sure the Dojo community will welcome you with open arms.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Perhaps the bug was closed because you offered no information that would have helped solve a problem.
    Eight posts in three months. Eight complaints. Zero posts with specific information to help solve a problem. Six posts in the last hour dripping with sarcasm.
    You mentioned "help solve a problem" twice. Normally I would, and that's exactly what I do in Dojo community, because their framework is BSD/Academic Free, because I and everybody else can use it freely and no one is earning money by incorporating my contribution into a marketable/sellable product. I would have done the same here if Sencha would distribute ExtJS under a similar license agreement. But they don't.

I'm not the one trying to oversell a defective product here. I'm the one who bought the defective product.

What do you do if you buy a broken display from NewEgg? Do you fix it yourself, do you contact Dell with a possible workaround? Or you want to have it replaced ?...

Vote Rating
    ykey has a spectacular aura about ykey has a spectacular aura about

While you are out fixing bugs in Dojo it would be nice if the Dojo grid could remember which row I have selected after I sort a column. This defect was opened three years ago btw: http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/7304. You will be back.

Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

You mentioned "help solve a problem" twice. Normally I would, and that's exactly what I do in Dojo community, because their framework is BSD/Academic Free, because I and everybody else can use it freely and no one is earning money by incorporating my contribution into a marketable/sellable product. I would have done the same here if Sencha would distribute ExtJS under a similar license agreement. But they don't.

I'm not the one trying to oversell a defective product here. I'm the one who bought the defective product.

What do you do if you buy a broken display from NewEgg? Do you fix it yourself, do you contact Dell with a possible workaround? Or you want to have it replaced ?...
    Your first post was in February, during a pre-beta product preview, that was designed to get code into developers hands on a frequent update cycle to flush out bugs and refactor based on feedback. So, obviously, the state of the product would be chaotic, to say the least.

It's fair to expect the final release to be solid, and I'm not telling you that Ext 4 has had no problems - I've experienced quite a few myself - and it can be frustrating. But I see no evidence that you actually tried to work with them - you posted in Bugs stating that the entire Data Model was broken. That's like me telling Microsoft, "I can't import files into Excel". Great, how do I work with that level of detail?

So now I'll answer your "broken display" question with another question: If you call Microsoft and tell them a feature in the .NET framework is broken, and you bought Visual Studio Professional, how quickly do you suppose they respond?

I'll answer that for you - months or years, if at all. This is what happens with small development shops - limited resources but limited overhead. Sure, you'll get some bugs, but follow the process, and they'll turn around much more rapidly than the Microsofts of the world. And Sencha's past history indicates they will.

Now I'll answer your question directly. A broken display from NewEgg can't be fixed with support, workarounds, and product maintenance releases, so I would expect a return. The software you licensed can be fixed with support, workarounds, and product maintenance releases, so no, I would not expect a return.

You are, after all, free to download the software without purchasing it to determine if it will meet your needs.

+1 to ykey - Find a framework that has this level of functionality, that has no problems whatsoever. Please let us all know what it is, because free or not, it's not Dojo.

stevil

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ritcoder is on a distinguished road

I suppose no app is without issues. I've had my share of issues with 4.0 but mostly because I was not aware of that is available and what is not. Certain components didn't make it and it would have been nice if there was such a list. It can be frustrating when you are combing the documentation and the net for features which no longer exist.

In as much as there are issues, I think 4.0 is a huge improvement. An application I migrated recently performs far better than it used to be. I want to believe that some of these things will be updated in some upcoming updates.

richard.