Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jimmifett is on a distinguished road

Default [OPEN] [EXTJSIV-1761] ux. .grid.FiltersFeature broken for remote filtering

[OPEN] [EXTJSIV-1761] ux. .grid.FiltersFeature broken for remote filtering

after figuring out the grid / filters demo, I copied the relevent parts to one of my grids, adjusted for columns, and set local:false in the filters variable being loaded into the grid's features.

This caused problems so I dug into the code for FilterFeatures to track what is happening.

inside bindStore..

Code:
    if(store){ if (this.local) { store.on('load', this.onLoad, this); } else { store.on('beforeload', this.onBeforeLoad, this); } }
    So I check out FilterFeature's onBeforeLoad method and find all kinds of problems.
    first, it's expecting arguments of store and options. This must be leftovers from 3.x, as the 4.x store's onBeforeLoad event sends store and an isntance of Ext.data.Operation. The function then furthers to stray by trying to locate a non-existant 'params' property of the options argument.

While trying to trace this down, I loaded the method's arguments variable into a gloabl to examine.
    To my surprise, the onBeforeLoad method was being called with {} for arguments, thus no store, operation, or options.

For reference, i'm using a BufferStore with a properly configured proxy.Direct.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

also, just for grins to get it to do anything remotely beside failing, i added:
    Code:
    var opts = options ? options : {}; options = opts;
    to handle the fact the it wants to get at options.params when options doesn't even exist.

this allow the grid to actually finish loading, but the menu headers on the grid are now busted with
    "this.el is undefined" inside a setPosition method around line 37320 in ext-all-debug.js and won't display the menu at all.

FilterFeatures needs a good solid shake down for 4.x

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default [Final] Released with broken ux.grid.FiltersFeature

[Final] Released with broken ux.grid.FiltersFeature

onBeforeLoad method for remote filtering is completely broken for extjs4 stores.
    Method expects arguments from the extjs3.x store's beforeLoad event instead of extjs4's arguments for that event.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

FOund another thread you opened a few days ago... merging that with this and opening a bug report.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team