Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

Default Recommendations for "Fit to Child"

Recommendations for "Fit to Child"

I'm using a Window object, whose content is loaded dynamically. Any recommendations on how to fit the Window size to its child content? I've dorked around trying to get it to work the way I did in 3.3, where I looked at the offsetWidth/offsetHeight of the content, and then using getFrameHeight() on the Window to calculate correct chrome size, and then setSize on the Window appropriately.

It seems though, that getFrameHeight() is nowhere to be found? only getFrameWidth() exists, and only on Element.

stevil

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

What about just using autoHeight? This resizes the Window:

Code:
    var win = Ext.create('Ext.window.Window', {
        autoHeight : true,
        title      : 'Test'
    });

win.show();

setTimeout(function() {
        win.update('This is some content<br><br>Hi');
    }, 1000);
    You can further this by adding a listener to the resize event and center the Window. This way when the content has been changed the Window gets centered to stay in the center.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Dmoney is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to use autoWidth, autoHeight to size a window to the size of a preview image I'm displaying but the window never expands to meet the size of my content. here is my code :

Code:
    	var win = new Ext.Window({
    			 title: imgTitle
    			,autoWidth:true
    			,autoHeight:true
    			,autoScroll:true
    			,modal:true
    			,items:[{
    			 	 xtype:'box'
    				,autoEl:{tag:'img', src:source, style:'max-width:640px;max-height:500px'}

}]
    		}).show();
    Any suggestions?

Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

@mitchellsimoens - I could do that, but I've found that in my app, it's unpredictable. I also need to control the width.

What I've found is that some HTML (like tables and elements with width percentages), I get different results using different starting sizes for the window (especially it's width). My content is a <form> element which contains a <table> structure.

So I need to make the window completely autosize itself (subject to window size constraints) based on the <table> dimensions. What I've done is, when the content arrives:
    1. Render the panel with size 3000x3000 at -3500,0 (arbitrary large size, offscreen window
    2. Calculate the chrome width on the window by subtracting the current body dimensions from the panel dimensions
    3. Size the panel body to the <table> dimensions, plus some pad
    4. Size the window down to the panel dimensions plus the reserved chrome dimensions.
    5. Align the window, centered to the viewport.

Elegant? Hell, no. Reliable? With everything I'm likely to throw at it so far, you bet.