Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    saggammahesh is on a distinguished road

Default is concept class is there in javascript?why extjs people are using the word class?

is concept class is there in javascript?why extjs people are using the word class?

According to my knowledge in javascript,there are objects and we can create objects for a function or we can create objects using literal notation..i never seen the concept of class in javascript.recently i have started to learn EXTJS(a javascript library)..in EXTJS people are saying like predefined classes(eg.EXt,Panel etc.) are there and even in api docs they are writing as class..it does not make sense to me..my questions are

1.why **extjs** people are using the word **"CLASS"**?

2.if class concept is there in extjs what way i have to think it?

3.is there a concept "CLASS" in js(i think no)?

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by saggammahesh View Post
    According to my knowledge in javascript,there are objects and we can create objects for a function or we can create objects using literal notation..i never seen the concept of class in javascript.recently i have started to learn EXTJS(a javascript library)..in EXTJS people are saying like predefined classes(eg.EXt,Panel etc.) are there and even in api docs they are writing as class..it does not make sense to me..my questions are

1.why **extjs** people are using the word **"CLASS"**?

2.if class concept is there in extjs what way i have to think it?

3.is there a concept "CLASS" in js(i think no)?
    Thanks for describing Ext JS :P.

The *reason* we use class is because Ext.extend helps bring JavaScript's Prototypal Inheritance behavior into a psuedo-classical nature. JavaScript doesn't have classic "classes" as you know it. Simply put, Ext JS's codebase behaves more like Classes than just plain objects.