Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    ykey has a spectacular aura about ykey has a spectacular aura about

That Dashboard example is also much more snappier in 4.0.1 in IE 8 than in 4.0.2. ಠ_ಠ

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Justin Noel is on a distinguished road

@SebTardif - In IE7, 4.0.1 is faster than 4.0.2 as well.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blakel is on a distinguished road

Please see my thread at http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ormance-vs-3.4 for an example of very bad performance in IE8 when using Ext.tab.Panel.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ext-spring-mvc is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by blakel View Post
    Please see my thread at http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ormance-vs-3.4 for an example of very bad performance in IE8 when using Ext.tab.Panel.
    extjs 4 has really bad performance on automatically size management. a simple profiling I just did in SeaMonkey with firebug shows that over 19% time on getViewSize() function, overall 19+14+9+5 = 47% from getViewSize() getHeight(), getStyle(), getWidth().

all I did is:
    load the home page, switch tab panel and resize browser window

few days back, i read someone on this forum suggesting put fixed height and width on all containers to reduce the autosize effort. I will try it when I have time.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ext-spring-mvc View Post
    extjs 4 has really bad performance on automatically size management. a simple profiling I just did in SeaMonkey with firebug shows that over 19% time on getViewSize() function, overall 19+14+9+5 = 47% from getViewSize() getHeight(), getStyle(), getWidth().

all I did is:
    load the home page, switch tab panel and resize browser window

few days back, i read someone on this forum suggesting put fixed height and width on all containers to reduce the autosize effort. I will try it when I have time.
    btw, did I mention that 4.0.2 improve the initial loading time of my app from 40s (4.0.1) to below 20s (4.0.2). THANK YOU!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Nickname is on a distinguished road

ExtJs4.0.2a is out and a diff on ext-all-debug.js lead to the assumption, thats a performance release (no release-notes.html update). The changes are all on tablepanel, abstractontainer, Panel ..

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    paipai is on a distinguished road

Question

There are several posts about bad performances. This is very difficult to read all posts.
    Is there something to tracks bug and to know when there is an official answer, patch or anything may help us to make a demo of our apps with IE ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname View Post
    ExtJs4.0.2a is out and a diff on ext-all-debug.js lead to the assumption, thats a performance release (no release-notes.html update). The changes are all on tablepanel, abstractontainer, Panel ..
    wow, sencha didn't publish the alpha release in blog or forum. and why alpha comes after commercial release without "a"?

anyway, just try it with my ongoing project, the home page loading still take about 20 seconds. unacceptable.

Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by paipai View Post
    There are several posts about bad performances. This is very difficult to read all posts.
    Is there something to tracks bug and to know when there is an official answer, patch or anything may help us to make a demo of our apps with IE ?
    That has been requested by a number of us. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get anything like that (bug tracker) at this point in the cycle, if at all.

stevil

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

Update for 4.1 Pr1

Big improvement over the initial 4.0.0 release. (Well done Sencha Dev!)

IE8 : There still quite a way to go on IE8, thats currently 2.5 times slower under 4.1 pr1 than it was under 3.3.1

Chrome : Approximately 0.7 times slower under 4.1 pr1 than it was under 3.3.1

FF : Good news here, running approximately 0.7 times faster under 4.1 pr1 than it was under 3.3.1

Opera : Approximately 0.2 times slower under 4.1 pr1 than it was under 3.3.1

Here's a break down of the numbers. (image attached)

Best Mr Sparks

Attached Images