Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

4.1.2 GA, The release notes don't refer to any Performance gains. Can you confirm what the status of this issue is?

4.1.2 was supposed to be a performance release, it just looks like a stack of bug fixes..?

Regards
    MrSparks

Vote Rating
    skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparks View Post
    4.1.2 was supposed to be a performance release, it just looks like a stack of bug fixes..?
    I don't believe 4.1.2 was ever intended to be a performance release. The 4.1.x line will more than likely just be bug fixes. Personally I'm expecting 4.2 to contain the next wave of performance enhancements.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    I don't believe 4.1.2 was ever intended to be a performance release. The 4.1.x line will more than likely just be bug fixes. Personally I'm expecting 4.2 to contain the next wave of performance enhancements.
    Ah yes 4.2, sorry my mistake. Do we have an very approx date for 4.2 ... Q4 2012 / Q1 2013 ?

Best
    MrSparks

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    Well, last November Mullany wrote:

"We are working as aggressively as possible and will continue to release performance improvements in 4.1.x and 4.2 releases until we achieve our performance goals." so this disagrees with bug fixes only in 4.1.x.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Yes, 4.2 is the next significant release for performance work.

Please see http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ents-in-4.next

No official date, but St. Nick might be bringing something extra in his sleigh ...
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by rich02818 View Post
    Well, last November Mullany wrote:

"We are working as aggressively as possible and will continue to release performance improvements in 4.1.x and 4.2 releases until we achieve our performance goals." so this disagrees with bug fixes only in 4.1.x.

It is not that we will reject changes that only have performance gains in 4.1.x, but we have to be sure that each release of 4.1.x is a stability improvement over the previous. So we are just going to be cautious there and hence won't be taking on the larger/riskier changes on that branch.
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    It is not that we will reject changes that only have performance gains in 4.1.x, but we have to be sure that each release of 4.1.x is a stability improvement over the previous. So we are just going to be cautious there and hence won't be taking on the larger/riskier changes on that branch.
    So the emphasis differs from what Mullany wrote. Why would your logic not also apply to 4.2?

Vote Rating

So the emphasis differs from what Mullany wrote. Why would your logic not also apply to 4.2?
    I don't see how the emphasis is different there. We are going to have performance improvements in 4.1.x and 4.2 but with different levels of risk tolerance and pro-activity.

With 4.2 we will have a beta process to help vet out changes and fix regressions. We don't have that (really) with 4.1.x releases. That allows us to take on more risk in 4.2.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    I don't see how the emphasis is different there. We are going to have performance improvements in 4.1.x and 4.2 but with different levels of risk tolerance and pro-activity.

With 4.2 we will have a beta process to help vet out changes and fix regressions. We don't have that (really) with 4.1.x releases. That allows us to take on more risk in 4.2.

I understand your caution and see the necessity. However, Mullany was putting the emphasis on fixing the performance problems "as aggressively as possible" ... "until we achieve our performance goals." I'm quite concerned considering that in his comments in the blog on how to achieve performance on v4, Animal stated

"
    In my opinion, the performance restriction now is entirely imposed by the Javascript engine being used."

There were some direct responses to this claim, but nothing further from Sencha. I'm counting on the fact that Animal's opinion is not the official Sencha position, but I get nervous when the next build released does not apparently address performance at all...

Vote Rating

I understand your caution and see the necessity. However, Mullany was putting the emphasis on fixing the performance problems "as aggressively as possible" ... "until we achieve our performance goals." I'm quite concerned considering that in his comments in the blog on how to achieve performance on v4, Animal stated

"
    In my opinion, the performance restriction now is entirely imposed by the Javascript engine being used."

There were some direct responses to this claim, but nothing further from Sencha. I'm counting on the fact that Animal's opinion is not the official Sencha position, but I get nervous when the next build released does not apparently address performance at all...

We do have an aggressive timeline for 4.2 if that helps, but I certainly understand your concern.

The comment you cite is not an official statement from Sencha on what is possible in this regard. That statement is just a "tautology" - performance of JS code is always limited by the performance of the JS engine.

That does not mean the JS code in question cannot accomplish its required results faster or more efficiently. In early work on several of these areas, we are clearly seeing that further, significant improvement is possible. If any of those experiments can be "back-ported" to 4.1.x, we will certainly consider doing so.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar