You found a bug! We've classified it as a bug in our system. We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    /mbr is on a distinguished road

Default Render time of an overnested panel Ext 3 / Ext 4

Render time of an overnested panel Ext 3 / Ext 4

I've got a similar issue. I posted my overnested code example at the Migration thread first.

I've got an overnested panel with multiple checkboxes. I tried to rebuild a similar example. Created some random Panels including some checkboxes.

With Ext 3.3.0 (ext-all-debug.js and ext-base-debug.js) it will be rendered within 300 up to 400 ms.
    Ext 4.0.0 needs more than 40000 ms to render the same configuration in Firefox 4.0.1.

It seems to me that the layout function of Ext.layout.Layout needs a lot of calculation time. Especially Firefox asks at the Line of "me.onLayout.apply(me, arguments);" to stop the script.
    [edit: FF4 wants to stop also at the getWidth() method of the Ext.core.Element line 8485 in ext-all-debug.js].

Most of the componentes are using the standard layout.
    With using more hbox layouts Ext 4 will render a little bit faster.

code to test
    http://pastebin.com/9FjGE3DL

Do I have a configuration problem?
    I used boarderlayout, an accordion and checkboxes. It is impossible to render this example with Ext 4. With Ext 3 it renders well.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 is on a distinguished road

I tried running it in IE8 and after a couple of collapse / restores it completely fails to function. The left or right panel can completely disappear...

I tried it in Chrome 11.0.696.68 and the collapse/restore icons at the top of the panels are not fully formed...

Quote Originally Posted by paipai View Post
    Here is an example with an accordion and static html content. (resize panel to remove display artefacts).

Play with the panel (open/colapse/resize), you will notice the problem.

http://jsfiddle.net/ytxZv/2/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nicholasnet is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tvanzoelen View Post
    It looks like ExtJs is a completely different product. Where's Jack?
    I cannot agree any more.

Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

It's not an enjoyable mode of development to have to come back to the site twice a day hoping for the next patch release to fix the things that are crippling our upcoming release (slow grid performance, theme problems, bugs).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mstijak is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tprodigy1 View Post
    also, I noticed that in tabPanels switching from a tab to another is also very slow
    Same here. Tab switching is really slow. One more problem with tabs is that icons are truncated as buttons are smaller comparing to Ext JS 3.
    Checkout Dextop or Pecunia demo.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Aero is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Do we have any confirmation on the "rather slow" performence of some of the components in current version ? Are Sencha working on it ?

I have also a viewport application up for testing with a tabpanel in the center region,which has a accordion as item with formpanels.

Adding a new tab and load this takes 20-30 seconds (IE7),switchning between the tabs also takes 5-10.

Thanks

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

validation on change with formfields also causes performance loss. If you have validation on your fields and you load it with data maybe at the moment of a tab change, it fires a doLayout or resize for each field on the formpanel. It was possible to block by validateOnChange = false.

If you look at the first example in this thread you see at every formfield an allowBlanc property set to false. In that case it means if you have four fields doLayout on the parentpanel is called four times. With firebug you even get some blocking script messages.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tprodigy1 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tvanzoelen View Post
    If you look at the first example in this thread you see at every formfield an allowBlanc property set to false. In that case it means if you have four fields doLayout on the parentpanel is called four times. With firebug you even get some blocking script messages.
    ok, I modified the allowBlank property (but did you test it yourself?)... and guess what? it is as much slow as before... the problem is not about "allowBlank" property.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 is on a distinguished road

This thread has been open for 19 days, contains example code, documents a show stopping type of problem, and has no response at all from Sencha....that is very troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    ..snip..
    Do we have any confirmation on the "rather slow" performence of some of the components in current version ? Are Sencha working on it ?
    ..snip..

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Aero is on a distinguished road

I agree rich, this really is a show-stopper and wont move any licences. Customer love the UI but at the moment the application is simply not useable.

tvanzoelen, although i see the your point,simply activate/rendering the form without any action (load etc) takes way too long when nested and with many fieldsets with their own layouts just like tprodigy1 pointed out.

So Sencha please step up to the plate, whats your take on all this ?