You found a bug! We've classified it as a bug in our system. We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 will become famous soon enough

I used a hand held digital stopwatch and made repeated measurements. Great news about finding the bottlenecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    How did you make those measurements?

It would be difficult to do for me because I don't have a Windows machine here, only VMs.

But in the past few days we've solved some really severe bottlenecks in layout code which will speed up both initial render and laying out of components.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Mark879 is on a distinguished road

I made these measurements on a Vmware virtual machine hosted on an dual-core esxi server on my local network. The virtual machine was Windows Server 2003 configured to run at 1x2.4GHz/1.5GB. I also tested with Windows 7.

The actual mechanism for generating the times I posted came from a javascript stopwatch that executed with the ExtJS code using different event handlers. Essentially, I started the watch before rendering and stopped the watch after rendering. The stopwatch code is in the attached zip.

When I have an opportunity, I will try this on a linux vm and post the results. It will be fun trying to get Internet Explorer to run in Linux.

Also that's great news. I can't wait to try the latest code. If you can tell me how to get it, I will try it out, and post my findings again using the same examples.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by dzj View Post
    why don't use a windows machine to develop and test?
    I agreed, dev and test environment should match the target market (production environment) as much as possible.

Currently the most common OS and Browser are Windows and IE, by a high margin.