Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    WalkerW is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Where can I hire quality SenchaTouch developers on a short term basis?

Where can I hire quality SenchaTouch developers on a short term basis?

Hi guys,

I have a client who needs a SenchaTouch app he has refined and developed -specifically he needs the UI improved and a couple features fixed.

I'd love to hire a member of the community with a solid portfolio on an hourly basis, through oDesk if you'd like the payment guaranteed.

Is this the place to offer opportunities?!? Or is there another board the top quality developers use?

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    daniel.gallo will become famous soon enough

You should be able to find a developer via Sencha's Developer directory - http://www.senchadevs.com

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

most of the devs here are well beyond the realm of odesk.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Which is exactly why I'm here, I'm looking to hire a freelancer to do UI tweaks based on a professional produced design - which is not a task I'd look to oDesk to for.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I've contacted a few developers from that list, but haven't heard back.

If anyone reading these forums has a strong SenchaTouch portfolio, especially in terms of front-end (smooth functioning UI + theming) and takes on freelance work, please send me a private message so we can talk.

Willing to pay between $30-$100 USD / hour for your service (dependent on experience+portfolio).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    niaaa is on a distinguished road

Any luck? I'm looking for the same.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by niaaa View Post
    Any luck? I'm looking for the same.
    As Jay said, most of the devs here are beyond oDesk but not all.

I'm one of those that rely on oDesk to get some extra income. Last year I got most of my freelance jobs through oDesk but none with Sencha tech.

Note that I (as most serious devs does IMHO) always run away from "The project is X% ready, just need finish some features..." (any language/framework BTW) because normally those clients hired someone else without the skills, experience and/or commitment needed by the task, those devs wrote hard to follow or almost unmaintainable spaghetti code then quit. None of the code I inspected while biding on ExtJS or Touch project at oDesk uses MVC and most of them was spaghetti code. Same for other languages / frameworks.

Bottom line:
    1. Some of the devs here can help you with consultancy, training and/or turn key solutions through their company's offerings (Jay's Moduscreate for example) but is unlikely that they will sell you few hours for "some tasks" for "The project is X% ready, just need...".
    2. Some of us work through oDesk but runs away from "The project is X% ready, just need...".
    If your need other than "The project is X% ready, just need..." may be I can help you, just drop me a line.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    niaaa is on a distinguished road

Well I started with sensha architect 3 but I simply don't have the time. I have 0 web ui skills and the learning curve is a little too much with sencha touch to start a project from scratch. However id have no problem maintaining. I'm hoping to have someone work on the app I'm trying to build in sencha while I work on te back end providing a rest/Json functionality to support it. It's a simple friendship/dating facebook connected app with very minimal functionality: skip through profile pics and message. I've got all the Facebook login working so far. Sign in and what not in sencha touch. But rather have someone continue and produce the nice looking front end app. Can you contact me with a quote.