Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-3994 in 4.2.0.663.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    radmila80 is on a distinguished road

Still having scroll problem with IE8 and Ext 4.2.1.883

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sundarganesh Ramar is on a distinguished road

Default Scroll bar with Cell Model in Editable Grid

Scroll bar with Cell Model in Editable Grid

...Hi,I am using ExtJS 4.2 in my apllication and facing the same problem.i tried with lot solution with help of google but i couldn't. Anyone have Override or plugin for this problem.Please Suggest some solutions to solve. 

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rlucas6130 is on a distinguished road

Default Solution found

Solution found

I was working diligently on this issue. It took me forever to trace through the framework to figure out where this was occuring but I finally figured it out. It will depend on a case by case basis but what makes the table jump is a call to 'doLayout' on the grid panel when a click occurs. For each case you must target a 'before' event to turn off layouts like this -> grid.suspendLayouts(); . Then, in the 'after' event turn layouts back on -> grid.resumeLayouts().

Code:
    listeners: {
               beforecheckchange: function() {
                         keyGrid.suspendLayouts();
               },
               checkchange: function (checkColumn, rowIndex, checked) {
                          keyGrid.resumeLayouts();
               }
    }
    Either way, note that if you can figure out how to implement this for your special case, the issue should be resolved.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

it doesnt work for me. I suspended the layouts on the beforeitemclick event of grid and resumed them on itemclick:

Code:
    listeners:
    {
      beforeitemclick: function()
      {
        this.suspendLayouts();
        //Ext.suspendLayouts();
      },
      itemclick: function()
      {
        this.resumeLayouts(true);
        //Ext.resumeLayouts(true);
      }
    }
    is there something wrong I am doing or this is what you meant?

I am using ExtJS 4.0.7 and testing in FF 27.0.1.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

because of some strange reason, the itemclick and beforeitemclick events are not firing at all. but beforeselect and select do. I tried to suspend layout there.

suspendLayouts() and resumeLayouts() are not available in 4.0.7. I tried using grid.suspendLayout = true; and grid.suspendLayout(true); but they dont seem to help (I am not unsuspending layouts just to make sure that the jump doesnt take place) but still no progress... the effect happens in FF and IE (havent tested in Chrome).

I also tried using the override with row selection model and checked the code of onRowMouseDown in later versions (4.2.2) but that doesnt seem to fix it either.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

from my investigation, i found that the focusRow method of Ext.view.Table is the problem. Here it tries to calculate the "adjustment" based on selected record and then calls panel.scrollByDeltaY(adjustment); This causes the view to jump.

Currently, I have overridden onLastFocusChanged method of Ext.selection.RowModel (which I am using in my grid) and put supressFocus = true; in it so that it doesnt try to focus the rows. This stops the jumping of the view but the disadvantage is that the scrolling wont work when the user moves cursor up/down to move selection. So may be its not the best way to solve it but in my application, it might just do.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    the4thd is on a distinguished road

Someone please provide with the fix or workaround for Ext Gwt also

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rlucas6130 is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry. I forgot to specify that I am using EXT JS 4.2 (not touch).