Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    howe is on a distinguished road

Default Changing fieldLabel dinamically ?

Changing fieldLabel dinamically ?

Hello,

How do I change a field's fieldLabel dinamically, i.e. after the field has been rendered, in ExtJS 4.0 ?

Thanks,
    Howe

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kskrumpet is on a distinguished road

I suspect you'll have to doLayout on the form after changing the fieldLabel attribute - I can't see any easy way to get the dom element to force the change.

But why would you do this?

Rich

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I was expecting to have a less obvious (and resource-hungry) way. Need to do it because a I need to change a field's label, of course

If anyone knows a better way, please tell me.

Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sounds like you're trying to repurpose an existing form to take input for several different reasons. Sounds dodgy to me.

Rich

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by kskrumpet View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to repurpose an existing form to take input for several different reasons. Sounds dodgy to me.

Rich
    Not really, just translating some labels.

Howe

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

May I suggest you have a locale file containing all the correct language strings as "variables" and use those for your labels - then your server can push the right locale file in response to the original request, or if someone wants to change the language on the fly you dynamically load the new locale and redraw the whole app?

-- edit --
    It's late and I didn't think this one through - the on the fly bit wouldn't work 'cos changing the locale wouldn't change all the data in the Ext object structures...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

That's kind of what I already do, I was just trying to avoid to redraw the form.

Thanks !
    Howe

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you really wanted to, you could iterate through each item and then query down to the label and update that element. Make sure you change the fieldLabel property also.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 2