Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    billy3321 is on a distinguished road

Default [Open] ExtDesigner for Linux 64bit still broken.

[Open] ExtDesigner for Linux 64bit still broken.

I had post this at the end of "[FIXED] ExtDesigner for Linux 64 Bit seems to be broke",but the thread is marked as FIXED, so I start a new one.

If you are using 64bit Linux, try the 32bit version of ExtDesigner, it can run fine on 64bit Linux.

The following is what happened on my laptop.

At first, the 64bit version Ext Designer is broken on my ubuntu 11.04 64bit, too.

Code:
    ┌─ [ 13:11 billy3321@billy3321-X200 ]─(~/ExtDesigner-64bit)
    └─ $ ./ExtDesigner       
    Loading libion: /home/billy3321/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/libion-1.1.2.so
    Loading Ion resource: /home/billy3321/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/xds-1.1.2.ion
    Load result: Success
    zsh: segmentation fault  ./ExtDesigner
    then I install the 32bit ExtDesigner, it can start but with some bug message.....
    Code:
    ┌─ [ 13:17 billy3321@billy3321-X200 ]─(~/ExtDesigner)
    └─ $ ./ExtDesigner
    Loading libion: /home/billy3321/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/libion-1.1.2.so
    Loading Ion resource: /home/billy3321/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/xds-1.1.2.ion
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x41000001 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x28000003 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    QFont::setPixelSize: Pixel size <= 0 (0)
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x43000001 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x46000002 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    After installed the 32bit Version of ExtDesigner, the 64bit ExtDesigner can start but with the same error message....
    Code:
    ┌─ [ 13:21 billy3321@billy3321-X200 ]─(~/ExtDesigner-64bit)
    └─ $ ./ExtDesigner
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x3e000003 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x61000001 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    QFont::setPixelSize: Pixel size <= 0 (0)
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x37000001 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    So the problem should be on the 64bit libion-1.1.2.so and xds-1.1.2.ion.

And, I want to suggest the ExtDesigner Team can use the package system to package the ExtDesigner, such as deb or rpm. That will be more convenient for install and uninstall on Linux.

Vote Rating
    kite is on a distinguished road

I got segfault too... Try to remove Qt library shipped with ExtDesigner (libQt*.so.4 for 1.1.* or libQt*Ext.so.4 for 1.0.*) or simply don't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in startup script - it helps me, in this way I can run this Designer with system libraries. If some images become broken (in component palette) - use libqgif.so and libqjpeg.so from ExtDesigner distribution - it seems like these libraries a bit modified by Sencha.

I want to suggest the ExtDesigner Team can use the package system to package the ExtDesigner, such as deb or rpm. That will be more convenient for install and uninstall on Linux.
    +1

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Thanks for you help kite. Hope this works
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    kite is on a distinguished road

Phil.Strong, please, read following post too: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ncha-SDK-Tools -this is similar problem.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    slacker775 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    I got segfault too... Try to remove Qt library shipped with ExtDesigner (libQt*.so.4 for 1.1.* or libQt*Ext.so.4 for 1.0.*) or simply don't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in startup script - it helps me, in this way I can run this Designer with system libraries. If some images become broken (in component palette) - use libqgif.so and libqjpeg.so from ExtDesigner distribution - it seems like these libraries a bit modified by Sencha.

+1
    This got it working on my Fedora 15 x86_64 installation. Thanks for the tip!