Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Tim Dudek is on a distinguished road

Default Itemclick Event lost from the Ext.menu.Menu in Ext 4.0.1?

Itemclick Event lost from the Ext.menu.Menu in Ext 4.0.1?

I was about to add a listener to my menu's itemclick Event when I noticed the menu no longer has an itemclick event. Is this an oversite?

If not, is there a way to listen to any menu items selection is made? Without adding click listeners to each individual child options...

Vote Rating
    stevil will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dudek View Post
    I was about to add a listener to my menu's itemclick Event when I noticed the menu no longer has an itemclick event. Is this an oversite?

If not, is there a way to listen to any menu items selection is made? Without adding click listeners to each individual child options...
    itemclick seems to have been replaced with click, with the following signature:

Code:
    click( Ext.menu.Menu menu, Ext.Component item, Ext.EventObject e )
    According to the doc, if the Menu was clicked, and not a menu item, the item reference will be null.

Hope this helps.

stevil

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Tim Dudek is on a distinguished road

The click event coupled with the ignoreParentClicks: true on the menu definition has met my needs. In Ext 3.x, I would return false on the itemclick event and that would allow the menu to stay open. However, with the click event now instead of the itemclick event, returning false does not appear to be keeping the menu open.

Thanks

Thread Participants: 1