Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    alphadogg is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Wiki To Suppliment API Docs

Wiki To Suppliment API Docs

In my experience with ExtJS3 and 4, there is a lot of knowledge in the community that isn't being tapped. One easy step would be to allow user contributions to the API docs, via an attached wiki system, maybe similar to what MSDN does. A little editing/policing would help cull out the "misplaced help requests" and the "angry posts", but leave Sencha with a much more robust and up-to-date documentation center than what it has now.

Or, is there something like this already but not featured on the Sencha site?

Vote Rating
    fay will become famous soon enough fay will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by alphadogg View Post
    Or, is there something like this already but not featured on the Sencha site?
    The Community Manual?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    alphadogg is on a distinguished road

Somewhat like that. Is it up to date though? I see lots of pages that are skinny on content and not updated since dates like 2007.

The fact that it is non-obvious to noobs is a minus.

Also, I was thinking more of an inline system in the API docs that would be read along with the API doc.

Sencha - Community Support Team VinylFox's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    VinylFox will become famous soon enough VinylFox will become famous soon enough

We have talked internally in the past (over a year ago) about making this exact thing happen (similar to the PHP docs) but Sencha has not made it a priority yet. Other more important things got in the way I guess.

Thread Participants: 2