Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mr.Moses is on a distinguished road

Default drop zone calculations

drop zone calculations

I may have found a bug in calculating the drop zone positions.

I think the position of the drop zone is being calculated from the current position of the draggable, but being placed according to the original position of the draggable.

Here is an example to demonstrate this behavior. Using the /example/dragdrop/, change the #droppable to be on the right side (change CSS 'left: 5px;' to 'right: 5px;'), and change the draggables to 'revert:false;'. If you move the 1st draggable to be 10px away from the #droppable and drop it. Then drag it again and try to drop it on the droppable. It won't trigger the drop, instead, the drop zone is now 10px from the first draggables original location (not its current location).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    LB82 is on a distinguished road

Question

Hi,

same problem here.
    I created a little drag and drop prototype to realize a 'quiz' and wondered why the "drop"-event was fired on places where no Droppable was set for.
    Is there any solution to fix this wired 'jump-arround-the-screen' behaviour?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mr.Moses is on a distinguished road

Default Not yet

Not yet

I don't think there is any solution yet.

I switched to jQuery UI (with jQuery UI Touch Punch to map touch events) for now, so I haven't really looked into it any further.

Thread Participants: 1