Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Redsandro is on a distinguished road

Question simpleSelect on xtype:grid with selModel: RowSelectionModel -> Possible?

simpleSelect on xtype:grid with selModel: RowSelectionModel -> Possible?

I have a grid with an implied default selModel of RowSelectionModel, and implied default setting singleSelect = false, causing you to be able to select multiple rows of data.

In a gridView, the same would be done using multiSelect = true, which also gives you the optional feature called simpleSelect = true. This makes it so you aren't required to hold ctrl for a multi-selection.

Is there an easy way to have simpleSelect for a grid with RowSelectionModel? It's not in the documentation, but I was hoping there is a relatively simple trick to enable this. I'd reckon this is a popular feature and I'm probably missing something, but I can't figure it out using google.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I don't know of anything simple but here's something that seems to work:

Code:
    new Ext.grid.GridPanel({
        listeners: {
            rowmousedown: function(grid, rowIndex, ev) {
                var selModel = grid.getSelectionModel();

if (ev.button !== 0 || selModel.isLocked()){
                    return;
                }

if (selModel.isSelected(rowIndex)) {
                    selModel.deselectRow(rowIndex);
                }
                else {
                    selModel.selectRow(rowIndex, true);
                }

return false;
            }
        }
    });

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thumbs up

Thank you good Sir! This does pretty much exactly the trick.

I didn't know rowmousedown was a proper event. I did try to look up all available events; the API documentation is awesome, but I have not yet succeeded in securing a list of available events.

I hope this simple extension will be available in ExtJS 4. Haven't yet migrated to 4 because I figured migrating existing ExtJS 3 code is more work than just keep using 3. For now.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

That event is definitely documented:

http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-3.4...grid.GridPanel

Scroll right down to the bottom... third row up.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You are right. My bad.