Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jgarifuna is on a distinguished road

Default How do I default spinnerfield to number?

How do I default spinnerfield to number?

I would like to default spinnerfield so that the numeric keyboard shows up when entering entry manually. At the moment when the keyboard shows up when manually updating values for spinnerfield, it defaults to letters.

Any ideas on how to make the keyboard default to numbers when changing values of spinnerfield manually?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It extends Number field and if you use a Number field, the browser should pick up the type in the input tag and display the correct keyboard, in this case numbers. What device are you using?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I'm testing this on iPhone 4.2 and iPad 5.0 and both display the letters keyboard. Below is a screenshot for your reference:

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm That's odd. Will have to play around with it to see what is going on as part of HTML5 is that the device *should* recognize the type on the input and display the correct keyboard. Hope iOS didn't take a step back.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well, the screenshot I posted was from a iphone running IOS 4.2. On the JQM mobile of the same app, using field type of number, works as expected by displaying the numeric keyboard.

Vote Rating

Ok, if no one else doesn't get to it I have marked this to come back to it when I get back home and am able to play around with this.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    FilipeMaia is on a distinguished road

The problem is that in the renderTpl of Spinner.js the input line is:

'<input id="{inputId}" type="{type}" name="{name}" class="{fieldCls}"'

and it should be:

'<input id="{inputId}" type="{inputType}" name="{name}" class="{fieldCls}"'

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

FilipeMaia,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I hope that the issue has been fixed in Sencha 2.0.

I have released my app, Future Value of Money, on the App Store and the Android Market:

http://garisoft.com/future_value_of_money

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    fairport is on a distinguished road

You are a saviour!
    This issue has been troubling me for months. Have just submitted a ST1 job to iTunes that has taken us about 40 man months & this issue was the one thing that was still troubling me.
    A quick edit of sencha-touch.js & we're fixed.
    Makes for an ugly UI on Safari in windows, but who cares.
    Thanks a million