Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    StevenMcD is on a distinguished road

Question Unit Testing

Unit Testing

Hi everyone,

A colleague of mine and were discussing starting unit testing our ExtJs code. In the download for 4.0 I see a Build folder containing what looks to be unit tests. I had a quick look at the API Docs and Examples and dont see any examples on using these unit tests though. I also see a jsbuilder folder that also contains what looks like some unit tests.

If neither of these are "frameworks" for us to use for unit testing, could you please recommend a testing framework that we can use. qUnit seems to be exclusive for jQuery. Would I need to focus on jUnit instead?

Thanks

EDIT: I've accidentily posted this in Examples instead of Open Discussion. If a mod spots this, could you please move it, otherwise I'll repost this there.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

We use Jasmine internally
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    StevenMcD is on a distinguished road

I will look into it, thank you very much

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Nickname is on a distinguished road

Mitchell: is there any plan for the next releases to include jasmin tests for an MVC app example?
    Had a look at Jasmin, but I could find a start point to test controllers/stores/models, because they are in a complex environment like a desktop app and nested loaded elements.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ManuelP is on a distinguished road

I'm also very interested.

I'm seeing improvements pretty much everywhere, for example the new guide "Architecting your app in ExtJS 4" is just plain fantastic and much needed. So I understand that the ExtJS guys are working hard.

However, it'd be very useful to also have a guide on how to leverage the existing infrastructure to drive the development of said applications test-first. I see that this request in quite popular in this forum (a guy even wrote an ad-hoc small testing framework for ExtJS 3.x, now abandoned), and from what I've understood the ExtJS team is using Jasmine extensively. As an application developer, using TDD would be a huge advantage from a lot of point of views (architectural, defect-rate, development speed, mainteinance, etc).