Vote Rating
    nevf is on a distinguished road

Question Using ext in stand-alone Browser app

Using ext in stand-alone Browser app

Hi,
    Execuse the extreme newby question but I'm interested in using ext or something similar in stand-alone browser style app. Basically I'll create a bunch of HTML pages and want to use a tree and possibly some other widgets to let the user browse these pages. There will be no web server access, however that may change in the future.

I've looked at various JS Tree code and can do what I want using one of these, but it seems much smarter to use a framework like ext, as it opens up a lot more possibilities for the future.

One final thing. My tree can have many thousands of nodes so the ability to dynamically load branches is important. And ideally I'd like the tree to be built from XML.

Thanks.
    Neville Franks, http://blog.surfulater.com

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

There doesn't really seem to be a question here? The best ways to find out if Ext is suitable for you are:

1) Browse the examples
    2) Browse the documentation
    3) Experiment

There's a high probability that Ext will suit your needs, but nobody can really answer for sure. Good luck!

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up

@nevf - I think this is what you're looking for.
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Vote Rating
    nevf is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hendricd View Post
    @nevf - I think this is what you're looking for.
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks so much for that, I think it will help a lot. I need to start with getting up to speed with Ext (read tutorials) and then into your stuff.

Thread Participants: 2