Hello, I posted this in the generic forum but got unreplied, I'm more convinced that this may be a bug, thus I am reposting in Bugs.

Code:
Ext.define('Foo', {
    extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
    proxy: { type: 'rest', url: '/aaa' }
  }, function() {
    console.log(this.proxy);
  });
This code produces "undefined", as if the class attribute "proxy" has not yet been defined. However, calling Foo.proxy afterwise retrieves the correct proxy instance.

Looking deeper in the source I notice that in Ext.data.Model's onClassExtended:

Code:
                onBeforeClassCreated.call(me, cls, data);

cls.setProxy(cls.prototype.proxy || cls.prototype.defaultProxyType);
setProxy is called *after* onBeforeClassCreated (which in turn calls the onClassCreated callback) thus calling the final callback before the model is properly initialized.

In my application I have to dynamically define models and operate on them only after they have been initialized so this behavior would be problematic.

I made this patch that overrides the onClassCreated in order to move setProxy() after the class is instantiated but before the final callbacks are called. It seems to work but I don't know if it is the proper approach, please give it a look:

Code:
--- /home/yggdra/ext-4.0.2a/src/data/Model.js   2011-06-15 01:23:25.000000000 +0200
+++ public/ext/src/data/Model.js        2011-06-29 04:24:30.330159437 +0200
@@ -378,12 +378,19 @@

onBeforeClassCreated.call(me, cls, data);

-                cls.setProxy(cls.prototype.proxy || cls.prototype.defaultProxyType);
-
                 // Fire the onModelDefined template method on ModelManager
                 Ext.ModelManager.onModelDefined(cls);
             });
         };
+
+        var onClassCreated = data.onClassCreated;
+
+        data.onClassCreated = function(cls, data) {
+          var me = this;
+          cls.setProxy(cls.prototype.proxy || cls.prototype.defaultProxyType);
+