Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lburgess is on a distinguished road

Default Single Toolbar for Multiple HtmlEditor Windows

Single Toolbar for Multiple HtmlEditor Windows

I've created the beginnings of a new extension, named (rather atrociously) 'Ext.ux.HtmlEditorUsingGlobalToolbar' ... needless to say, it does what it says on the can.

Any feedback welcome. I've only being using ExtJS for about a month... and my Javascript skills weren't that advanced then, so all pointers on my coding is welcome.

Hope you like it so far

http://lburgess.net/examples/ext/Ext...balToolbar.htm

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JorisA is on a distinguished road

Hi, I like your idea. Maybe its not really what you were going for, but perhaps a better solution is rendering a single editor frame with several div's that can be editable.

I started on something like that but I didn't quite have the time to finish it. See if you can use some of it. Maybe I'll port it to 2.0 and make it work once I need it.
    http://ux.designism.nl/ux/noneditable/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lburgess is on a distinguished road

Hi Joris.

Thanks for this. Your work looks interesting, but you are correct in saying that it is not really what I am trying to achieve.

As you know, each instance of the HtmlEditor has its own toolbar and they are married to each other. What I have done (with slightly hacky code) is a single toolbar which can be used to control and get feedback for an unlimited number of HtmlEditor iframes.

I ended up having to overwrite most of the functions of the shipped HtmlEditor to get what I have done to work, but believe that the library version should really be re-coded to seperate the toolbar & iframe, and allow one to parametise the relationship between the two; to enable the creation/use of a global toolbar or exclusive toolbar/s out-of-the-box.

I've been caught up with other work so I haven't had chance to come back to this problem yet, but I'll post an update as soon as I have one.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    esra is on a distinguished road

Perhaps a good solution for adding a transliteration editor to an Admin user interface. That is, for loading language string files or content stored in muliple languages. One could load one language in the left editor and a second language in the right editor.

Vote Rating
    dangreenfield is on a distinguished road

Wink Agreed!

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by lburgess View Post
    I ended up having to overwrite most of the functions of the shipped HtmlEditor to get what I have done to work, but believe that the library version should really be re-coded to seperate the toolbar & iframe, and allow one to parametise the relationship between the two; to enable the creation/use of a global toolbar or exclusive toolbar/s out-of-the-box.
    I have to agree with this comment. I think the HtmlEditor needs a lot of work. Don't get me wrong, I think that it's an excellent and well-made piece of work, but it's only the first step on the road to useable brilliance. It majorly falls short in its extensibility, especially with the toolbar.

Future enhancements should cater for a much more flexible toolbar structure, i.e. to allow new or different buttons, in different placement orders, perhaps even having the one toolbar split into many toolbars.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rojaro is on a distinguished road

I know, old topic ... but still valid ...

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar