I am currently writing an application whereby I'm managing the "containers" on my own i.e. I'm simply using the various components which in my case are GridPanel and SplitButtons.

Code:
<asp:Content ID="InventoryPartList" ContentPlaceHolderID="MiddleColumn" runat="server">
    <div id="senchaGrid">
    </div>
</asp:Content>
<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="PanelFooter" runat="server">
    <div id="ReceiveIssueButton" class="multibutton moveNextInFrame">
    </div>
    <script src="../../../../Ext.Js/inventoryPartGrid.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 
    <script src="../../../../Ext.Js/receiveAndIssueInventoryPart.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</asp:Content>
The code lines marked as red represent the two different divs into which I'm "injecting" the Ext.Js components. I was able to achieve this as shown in the following picture.

Now, as a newbie, I'm a bit stuck as to how to establish "communication" between these two components which are placed in different divs i.e. "senchaGrid" and "ReceiveIssueButton".

Before asking what I want to achieve, I must point out that although it's not shown very well here, the "Add" button is in fact a split button which if it is clicked will show one link.

What I want to do is fairly simple. When I select a row in the grid, I want to populate the url of the link of the split button. How do I go about doing that?

TIA,

David