Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

Default Sencha vBulletin - Change Title test

Sencha vBulletin - Change Title test

hi team,

changing a title seems no longer be possible for normal users.
    i can change a title, save it, but it gets displayed in the old version.
    if i edit the topic again, it shows the latest (correct) version inside the form field.

this seems to have changed not long ago (at least it was working 1 month ago) and has the big disadvantage for us, that we can not update our meetup topic any more (we have the date of the next meetup always in the title).

help appreciated!

best regards
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting... Will send this up internally to see what is going on. Sorry bout that!
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

There are a few ways to change forum titles and I cannot reproduce the issue. How are you trying to change the title?

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

hi jamie,

it seems a bit more complicated: i am using google chrome.
    when clicking edit post, i get to the fast edit view. if i click on go advanced there, nothing happens at all.

the only thing that does work is double-clicking the edit post button to get to advanced.
    i just changed the title of this topic, worked fine.

in our munich meetup topic it does not (the title says july, if you edit the top posting you will see september).

so my new theory would be: is there a maximum amount how often you can change a title?
    feel free to try editing the top posting of the munich meetup!

best regards
    tobias
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This is weird... the title of it in the listing still had "Jul 27" but I clicked on edit twice to go to the advanced editor and in the title field it says "Sept 16"

I have attached a screenshot and I didn't change anything except to scroll over to have date viewable.

Screen Shot 2011-07-30 at 4.08.50 PM.jpg
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.