Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    behrangsa is on a distinguished road

Question Any plans to add the latest GXT versions to Maven?

Any plans to add the latest GXT versions to Maven?

Currently the latest available version is 2.2.0 and it's not working with GWT 2.2 due to the class change error:

Code:
    java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface com.google.gwt.core.ext.typeinfo.JClassType, but class was expected
    I locally installed 2.2.4 and that works fine. Would be great if you guys could maintain GXT in Maven as well.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    angelyx is on a distinguished road

Default I also need gxt 2.2.4

I also need gxt 2.2.4

Hello.

I have a large scale production app that we are trying to convert to maven. Being that I'm the only team member skilled with maven, I would like to reduce the rest of the team's burden by being able to mavenize all dependencies without the need to locally install jars.

Please, please, please install gxt 2.2.4 for use with gwt 2.4 into maven central!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Blessed Geek is on a distinguished road

I face the same problem too. It is unfortunate there are some jar providers who would not let their jars accessible thro maven central. Oracle ojdbc5 and ojdbc6, for examples. Add gxt 2.x to the list.

However, we could create a maven repo using maven install either
    1. under the user's home directory, in the .m2 directory
    2. at a shared file server
    3. at the eclipse projects directory.

I don't need/like to option 1 - because it is not visible to me. .m2 is deliberately made a hidden file. Team members cannot share that directory.

Option 2 is used to share the maven repo across the whole org.

I like option 3 because my eclipse project is replicated/sync'd using mercurial. I place the maven repo as a sub-directory ({project}/project-repo, for example) in my maven/eclipse project. Therefore, the project is bundled and distributed with the maven repo.

Read this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...597277#5597277.

Read this to install repo into a specific directory other than your local .m2:
    http://maven.apache.org/plugins/mave...ocal-repo.html.

Thread Participants: 2