Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mathias.lin is on a distinguished road

Question Why does the default ExtJs time field validation fails with other locale (Chinese)?

Why does the default ExtJs time field validation fails with other locale (Chinese)?

I use the zh_CN locale in ExtJs (ExtJs 4.0), the default locale files that ship with ExtJs (no modifications made to it). When I use a timefield in my form, I get a validation error for any value by default. Only if I use the English AM/PM, or if I remove the 上午/下午 manually at the end, it works ok. I would assume ExtJs would be smart enough to handle the different locales correctly. Do I really need to define my own Regex, MaskRe here? Or how to solve this otherwise? Thanks! I'm fairly new to ExtJs.

The field definition:

Code:
    {
    xtype: 'timefield',
    name: 'pickupDate',
    fieldLabel: lang["patient.pickup_time"],
    allowBlank: true
    }

Vote Rating
    subv3rsion is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mathias.lin View Post
    I use the zh_CN locale in ExtJs (ExtJs 4.0), the default locale files that ship with ExtJs (no modifications made to it). When I use a timefield in my form, I get a validation error for any value by default. Only if I use the English AM/PM, or if I remove the 上午/下午 manually at the end, it works ok. I would assume ExtJs would be smart enough to handle the different locales correctly. Do I really need to define my own Regex, MaskRe here? Or how to solve this otherwise? Thanks! I'm fairly new to ExtJs.

The field definition:

Code:
    {
    xtype: 'timefield',
    name: 'pickupDate',
    fieldLabel: lang["patient.pickup_time"],
    allowBlank: true
    }
    I am currently having the exact same issue at the moment with our date and time inputs always being invalid. Even worse is Firefox and Chrome are both behaving differently.

My first approach is to see what is going on with the date prototype and its format in the zh_CN locale of Ext JS 4.0.7 to see if anything is falsey.

Vote Rating
    subv3rsion is on a distinguished road

EXTJSIV-5826 Validation of timefield is not correct in Chinese.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    alienintheheights is on a distinguished road

Was this fixed and if so, in which version? I can't see how to view the progress of this bug. I'm running 4.1.0.