Hybrid View

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

Default Is this project dead ?

Is this project dead ?

Makana ?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I have not heard of Sencha coming out with the Air adapter but will ask.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

Thx Mitch.
    Will wait until then before starting looking at my own solution

Vote Rating
    makana has a spectacular aura about makana has a spectacular aura about

Hi Ekambos,

actually I haven't developed a working AIR adapter for ExtJS 4.0 due to a lack of time during the last months.
    I started some work some months ago, but had huge problems using ExtJS 4.0 with AIR.
    Look at this post for some discussion regarding this topic: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ir-VS-Titanium
    I've even thought about using Titanium with ExtJS 4.0, but compared with AIR, Titanium misses a lot of features and a good api documentation. AIR's problem is the sandbox concept because ExtJS4.0 uses a lot of XTemplates and so eval calls and Function constructors. And AIR still doesn't support SVG, that is necessary for all the draw components that start with Ext.panel.Panel's rbar/lbar/headerPosition:left or right features and so on.

For now you have to use the latest Air adapter with ExtJS 3.3. ExtJS 3.4 may work but I didn't test it so far.

makana
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better Ń–diot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dennisr is on a distinguished road

Well, I have not heard of it coming out with an air adapter but I just hope that they would, and soon. I have been trying to look at some points to possibly be able to get a link for it to work with extjs though I am running out of some resources to complete that task.

^ I hope that you could get some after market support to it so that we could use it rather well.