Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    whatadewitt is on a distinguished road

Default Stuck with List/Store/Model Problem (n00b)

Stuck with List/Store/Model Problem (n00b)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Sencha Touch and I am working on learning it and building a simple app, however I have hit a snag and as much as I search the web, I cannot find my answer...

I have a simple model...

Code:
    Ext.regModel('MyModel', {
        fields: [
            'foo', 'bar', 'funk', 'time']
    });
    I then have a list I am trying to populate with some data from a webservice...

Code:
    var store = new Ext.data.Store({
     			model: 'MyModel',
        		proxy: {
    				type: 'ajax',
    				url : 'http://localhost:8888/data/data.php',
    				reader: {
    					type: 'json',
    					root: 'fundata'
                 	},
    			},
    			autoLoad: true
    		});
    Just after this, I create a list to display this data...

Code:
    var list = new Ext.List({
    			fullscreen: true,
            	itemTpl : '<div>{foo} ({bar})</div>',
            	store: store
        	});
    		list.show();
    I am getting a list with the correct number of items in it, however, the "foo" and "bar" are both empty... I don't know whether the problem is in the store or the list... I have set up a .load instead of using autoload and I log the results to the console, however, I can't tell if the data is correct or not... Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here... any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--d

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Have you check dev tools in Chrome or Safari on the desktop?

Did you browse to this List in the browser going to localhost:8888? Normally you just go to localhost so if you are go on a different port, that is treated as a separate domain which will not work with Ajax.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    whatadewitt is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitchell!

Yes, I know the data is coming back, but I am not sure that it's populating the "store" properly. If I set up a listener on the load function and log the results I am seeing an array with the right number of elements, but they are all "c" objects? (At least it says "c"next to the arrow icon to drop down for more details).

I can browse through this object and see that the data is in there, but I can't see it in the way I had specified in the store... I can only see the normal JSON pieces...but I cannot seem to figure out how to get that data to populate my list...

Thanks, hoping you can keep helping me

--d

EDIT: ... aaaaand just like that I figure it out! When it wasn't working I made some changes to my store but not my template... ugh!! This is a great library, I am enjoying the learning process no matter the hiccups I encounter! Thanks again!

Thread Participants: 1