Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    simondavies has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Exclamation Forum display issue

Forum display issue

Using Google Chrome I get funny characters for each title of the forum so not being able to see what I want to loook at or view etc. See attachment/image

Chrome v13.07 on Windows 7

As I use it for all my work and developement its a pain having to use another browser to just come on this forum.
    Attached Images

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I am taiking about this forum, how can I have accesss to its css files?.

Its not the thread its the titles and the fact that on google chrome they
    display alterative characters, where as on other browsers they seem ok.

My bet is they are a web font and if looking at their code they are suign http://typekit.com/ this is probably causing display issues etc on different browsers.

Vote Rating
    jayrobinson has a spectacular aura about jayrobinson has a spectacular aura about

Simon, it's probably not a web font issue, but it may be a problem with the fonts on your computer or character encoding. I will look into this a bit later on today.

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

Scroll to the bottom of your page... is the language set to English? That's been a common problem for people who land in the forum via a search engine link.

(edit) There's a drop-down box at the bottom-left corner of the page, with various languages the forum can translate.
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks guys, yup i am in english otherwise the rest would be in a different language, I have had this before uninstalling helvetica before sorted the issue, but thats a pain :-)

Will try when in work again as its only on chrome at work, and that suggest to me helvetica needs to go

Si

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Might want to clear cache and refresh... that has solved the language change for some others.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    jayrobinson has a spectacular aura about jayrobinson has a spectacular aura about

Simondavies, seems like a problem with your Helvetica installation above all else. Can you confirm?