Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mc_smit27@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: ASP.Net MVC 3 and Sencha Help required...

Answered: ASP.Net MVC 3 and Sencha Help required...

Hi there,
    I apologize in advance if this question sounds dumb...I haven't worked in ASP.Net in quite a while and currently need to develop a web-app which looks/acts like a native iPad/iPod app as a proof of concept. Up to now, Sencha has been brilliant in showing how well the controls work on the required browsers.
    So the question is, do you know of an example C# ASP.Net app that implements Sencha-Touch. I'm struggling to get my head around how to create the views through Visual Studio 2010 and where to include the Sencha-touch libraries, without having to write all my views in JavaScript - if that can be done.

Or if you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanx,
    Riaan

2. I'm doing the same.

Throw all your js links in the master page to load your sencha client code
    When a sencha page needs data you'll call into your MVC controllers to get JSON data

Your .net MVC app is only used to return data not views. Consider it a web service.

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

I'm doing the same.

Throw all your js links in the master page to load your sencha client code
    When a sencha page needs data you'll call into your MVC controllers to get JSON data

Your .net MVC app is only used to return data not views. Consider it a web service.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mc_smit27@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road

Thanx BostonMerlin,
    After doing some more digging and going through stacks of ASP.Net MVC tutorials I pretty much figured that the View is something that can be replaced with minimal effort with the js pages.
    One question though, do you know how data validation messages are displayed or implemented with Sencha controls? I like the way ASP includes a ErrorMessage component with each control but couldn't really find info on how to do this with Sencha or via js.

Thanx again for the above confirmation.

Thread Participants: 1