Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    samsonasu is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Buttons, boxWrap, and IE

Unanswered: Buttons, boxWrap, and IE

When I make a Ext.Button, it renders in the 9-cell html table "boxWrap" only in IE. I read a bunch of source code and I cannot figure out where//how it decides to do this.

It would be great if I could disable this because I'm doing some custom styling on the buttons I'd prefer not to have to style another 9 elements to change the background color of the button + hover, pressed, etc.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

It's mostly in AbstractComponent.

The markup is frameTableTpl.

onRender() -> initFrame() -> getFrameTpl()

Hopefully that'll get you started. Obviously it wouldn't be wrapping it in a table without good reason. Maybe the styling you're doing doesn't need the table, in which case turning it off would make sense.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    zhenrong is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I too faced this issue. Setting frame: false on the button doesnt work at all. Is this a bug or something? I am on version 4.0.6.

Thanks!

Vote Rating
    Answers
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Take a look at the end of the method getFrameInfo() in AbstractComponent. Looks like setting it to false won't help. You might be able to override that method in a subclass and just return false without calling the parent implementation. Haven't tried it but I'd imagine that'd do it.

To reiterate my earlier point, removing the frame could cause carnage in older versions of IE so only do it if your alternative styling will cope with that.

Thread Participants: 2