Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    johnnywengluu is on a distinguished road

Default Hide Window

Hide Window

I have a Viewport and a top level Window component.

When I open my page it displays the Window component over the Viewport.

Is there a way to hide the Window component and only show it when I click a button?

I have it's "hidden" set to true, but it is still rendered as visible.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    johnnywengluu is on a distinguished road

This issue is very annoying.

I am hoping someone could tell me how to render the app with only Viewport visible, not the Window until I click a show() button.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The sample export file shows all components rendered to the screen.

You'll see in the generated source code where it creates your window and executes a .show() against it.

This is just used for a reference and not for your actual application. You should implement a separate file that uses these components.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    HeadConnect is on a distinguished road

Having same issue, also finding it quite annoying. Even trying to override the config with autoShow: false (which is default) and autoRender:false (in component config).

So - I see the comment above about taking it out somehow, but for that to happen I would have to hand-edit designer.js prior to putting it into production.

Shouldn't there be some possibility to set this up in project settings? I mean, if designer can identify the components that it wants to apply .show() it should be able to show them in the project configuration as well to allow disabling of this.

I don't know exactly what kind of use-cases designer is made for, but I presume natural use wouldn't create a disproportionate amount of top-level components needing to be shown (I have 5 at the moment, two grids, one viewport, one menu, and one window).

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

Did you read the Aaron's post?

Modify the default application generated by Designer.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HeadConnect View Post
    Shouldn't there be some possibility to set this up in project settings?
    Designer is maturing. The 1.x version of Designer is intended to allow you to build all of your top level view user interface files. Then outside of the designer you leverage these classes to build your application.

Designer 2.x is becoming a full blown application builder. Look for improvements in the product coming, for now you will have to leverage your own text editor to use the classes the designer generates.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

Designer 2.x is becoming a full blown application builder.
    WHEN!!!!
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    WHEN!!!!
    Ask the people who attended the conference and got to see a sneak preview of it!
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran