Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    coolfish is on a distinguished road

Hey Mitchell thanks for the update. Any idea when we might be able to see it? I'm writing a pretty large app and the sort/edit of lists is a huge thing for me. I'm new with ST and the more that I can get prerolled the faster I can get things going!

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There are no plans on when or if for editable lists built into the framework.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Mitchell, I'm disappointed to hear that. Is there a technical reason for this or is this just something that doesn't have the demand in your view to warrant the resources?

Thanks

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The framework shouldn't have every feature under the sun in it, community extensions (like this was for ST1) is a major thing the framework has to allow and support. Just like I think a grid is a required component to have but it wasn't implemented so I created it myself for both ST1 and ST2 (and now I am known as the ST grid guy)

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Mitchell I absolutely agree with that - however your engineer did state a few times that he was going to port this plugin to ST2, and then nothing. Were he not working for Sencha I'd understand, but he is and he did make a statement that he was porting it over. I was hoping to hear a follow up from him as to why he wasn't able to port it over, or if he's still working on it.

Thanks

Vote Rating

There was no guarantee that it would be ported over and put into the library. This is still a community extension and therefor he can port it over at his will.

Sencha - Services Team AndreaCammarata's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    AndreaCammarata has a spectacular aura about AndreaCammarata has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by coolfish View Post
    Mitchell I absolutely agree with that - however your engineer did state a few times that he was going to port this plugin to ST2, and then nothing. Were he not working for Sencha I'd understand, but he is and he did make a statement that he was porting it over. I was hoping to hear a follow up from him as to why he wasn't able to port it over, or if he's still working on it.

Thanks
    As Mitchell correctly said, this is a community extension and is not related (in any way) with Sencha work. For this reason, porting this extension, would require me to find some extra free time to work on that, and, as I'm sure you can understand, this should be done for free.
    However, help the community is something I always really cared about so this is something that is in my todo list from a long time.
    If you are familiar with Sencha Touch, port this extension would require you really small time, so I'm sure you are asking yourself: Why you still not did that?
    So here's your answer: this extension should not be only ported but completely rewritten considering all the amazing new features Sencha Touch 2 introduced, like, for instance, Dataview Components.
    For this reason, I'm sorry, but you have to wait I will have free time enough to work on that, otherwise, you could start to think to help the community too working on that, and, share obviously for free the result, to all of us.

Thank you
    Sencha Inc
    Andrea Cammarata, Solutions Engineer
    CEO at SIMACS

@AndreaCammarata
    www.andreacammarata.com
    github: https://github.com/AndreaCammarata

TUX components bundle for Sencha Touch 2.x.x
    http://www.tux-components.com/

Vote Rating
    abcd_ca is on a distinguished road

Hi Andrea – I could have sworn you sent me a rough version of your ST2 version or offered to but I was travelling and now I can't find that email. Do you recall that correspondence? If you do have a rough version I'd be interested in trying it out.

Cheers,

Andrew

Sencha - Services Team AndreaCammarata's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    AndreaCammarata has a spectacular aura about AndreaCammarata has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by abcd_ca View Post
    Hi Andrea – I could have sworn you sent me a rough version of your ST2 version or offered to but I was travelling and now I can't find that email. Do you recall that correspondence? If you do have a rough version I'd be interested in trying it out.

Cheers,

Andrew
    I'm really sorry but, to be honest, I don't know what are you talking about...
    I've never sent to anyone a version of this plugin compatible with ST2..
    You are probably making confusion with someone else, because I currently have not neither a rough version of that.

However, when I'll develop this, you will probably be able to find that inside the Sencha Market under commercial license.

Cheers,
    Andrea
    Sencha Inc
    Andrea Cammarata, Solutions Engineer
    CEO at SIMACS

@AndreaCammarata
    www.andreacammarata.com
    github: https://github.com/AndreaCammarata

TUX components bundle for Sencha Touch 2.x.x
    http://www.tux-components.com/

Vote Rating
    abcd_ca is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCammarata View Post
    I'm really sorry but, to be honest, I don't know what are you talking about...
    I've never sent to anyone a version of this plugin compatible with ST2..
    You are probably making confusion with someone else, because I currently have not neither a rough version of that.

However, when I'll develop this, you will probably be able to find that inside the Sencha Market under commercial license.

Cheers,
    Andrea
    OK thanks haha. I will stop looking for it then