Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    headkit is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: reading all cvs-files inside a folder and convert them into JSON

Unanswered: reading all cvs-files inside a folder and convert them into JSON

hi there!

I want to build a local ExtJS4-App and for that I need to read all cvs-files inside a folder and convert them into JSON. so the first problem would be: reading all files inside a folder.
    but how could that be managed?

thnx!

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

You would need server-side code to feed those up. Else, you would have to hard-code them in a list somewhere.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

shouldn't that be possible in times of chrome and other modern browsers with all its magic?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Quite the opposite, browsers have got tighter and tighter regarding this type of security. Access to the file-system is severely restricted. Even if you found a way to do it there's a good chance it would stop working in a future version of the browser. You'll need a server, I don't think you can get around that.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

can't believe chrome would go that direction when it needs to serve all the needs a operating system has to offer.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I see, you're a fan of the Microsoft strategy for writing an operating system:
    1. Add security holes to web-browser.
    2. ...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    I see, you're a fan of the Microsoft strategy for writing an operating system:
    1. Add security holes to web-browser.
    2. ...
    :-)
    no, I am fan of sandboxed apps inside browsers.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    bodyboarder20 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by headkit View Post
    :-)
    no, I am fan of sandboxed apps inside browsers.
    sandbox != file system access and manipulations