Answers
    Vote Rating
    nomack84 will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: How update a tree node record?

Unanswered: How update a tree node record?

Hello everyone! I have a question from a long time. I'll try everything to solve the problem, but without success, so I came here to ask some help. The problem maybe is simple, but I can't find the solution. I have a TreePanel that represent a menu structure for my app. I easy add/remove menu items in the tree, but sometime I need to update a data for a menu, the name for example. With a normal store, in a grid for instance, this is quite easy, but when using a Tree, or TreeGrid, I can't see how to do this. When I change the data and execute the node's save() method, the tree is broken, with a new node, instead of updating the one I want. Does anyone here try to do this successfully? Thanks in advance for any reply.
    Ext is terrific!!

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

There is no docs showing how this would work. Try responding from your server with the entire node/record.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    nomack84 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mankz View Post
    There is no docs showing how this would work. Try responding from your server with the entire node/record.
    Hi mankz Thanks for the answer. I have made this same questions many times here, and you are the first in give me a response. I try everything but without success. I try from sending the full node, to sending parts of it, even sending some success:true, and the node, but nothing work. In a grid store, is pretty easy, and the first time I saw the example with the grid, I think it would be the same with the tree, but I was mistaken. It's very sad, because it would be great if work.
    Ext is terrific!!

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

What if you include the entire request object as your response? I believe Ext includes some NodeInterface properties too which I think get lost in the process. I think that helped in my case...

Thread Participants: 1