Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dolowoyo is on a distinguished road

Cool Answered: Deploying to Devices

Answered: Deploying to Devices

Hello Sencha Touch Gurus,

The company I work for is considering using Sencha Touch to build mobile apps for some of our current web application.

In order to deploy these apps built with ST to our customers, do we necessarily need to do so through the Apple marketplace? Considering this is essentially a web app, can we just host the files on our own servers, and customers download from there?

Thanks for the help.
    D.O

2. If you're just building an application with Sencha Touch, then you are correct: simply host the site on your servers and direct users to the application via their web browser of choice. Same as any other web app.

However, Sencha Touch (by itself) will not create a native application for iOS or Android devices. If you want that ability, you'll need to wrap your Sencha Touch code using a tool like Phone Gap or Nimblekit.

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay has a spectacular aura about arthurakay has a spectacular aura about arthurakay has a spectacular aura about

If you're just building an application with Sencha Touch, then you are correct: simply host the site on your servers and direct users to the application via their web browser of choice. Same as any other web app.

However, Sencha Touch (by itself) will not create a native application for iOS or Android devices. If you want that ability, you'll need to wrap your Sencha Touch code using a tool like Phone Gap or Nimblekit.
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks Art. That's the answer I was hoping for.

I'm also glad you mentioned PhoneGap as I am looking into using it with ST. Once I do build my app with PhoneGap, can I still host the app on my own servers, or do I need to load it into the App store at this point?

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay has a spectacular aura about arthurakay has a spectacular aura about arthurakay has a spectacular aura about

To be perfectly honest, I don't know much about that process.

Searching our company blog, this article may answer some of your questions:
    - http://www.sencha.com/learn/a-sencha...-with-phonegap
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks Art.

I've been doing some reading, and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like I can host my app if I don't need access to the native APIs. But if I build my app with Phonegap, Nimblekit, etc, I'll need to distribute via the marketplace.

I hope this is 100% accurate. Maybe someone with experience in this area can respond to confirm or correct.

Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jjerome is on a distinguished road

I know that when I create my Sencha Touch projects, I use a Dynamic Web Project (in Eclipse) to host it on web servers, and when using PhoneGap, I had to create an Android Project (included in the Adroid SDK). So it was two separate projects for a while, now I gave up on using PhoneGap and just stuck to hosting the applications on the web.

Hope this insight helps

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks jjerome.

Does your app(s) solely hosted on web servers have any native API access? such as contacts, alerts, etc?

Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jjerome is on a distinguished road

What do you mean by native API access? Currently everything on the mobile app only is using the Sencha Touch API and Web Services to and from the Webserver. I handle some alerts depending on the responses I get from my Ajax requests but I'm not sure I understand your question.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for all the responses. After doing some research I was able to find the answer to my questions. Basically, i'll be needing something like Phonegap to package up my app the way I want to. looking forward to using Sencha Touch.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar