Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    MichelH is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Validating data Model Firebug returns validate is not a function

Unanswered: Validating data Model Firebug returns validate is not a function

Hello together,

i'm new to ExtJs and have a problem with validating a model which i'm using for a Grid. I've already searched the web but couldn't find an answer ...

The theoretic way i'm doing it is that i define my model putting this to a data Store and that store i'm using for my grid.

In the grid i use the celleditings event edit on which i tried to retrieve the model to validate it but all i tried didn't work and Firebug always said validate() is not a function.

Anybody an idea what could be the reason for my problem?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

It would be easier to help if you posted some code.

Instances of models are known as records. Chances are that the record you are retrieving is not actually a record at all, hence the method is missing. Try adding some logging just before you validate it to confirm that everything is what you think it is.

e.g.:

Code:
    console.log(record);
    console.dir(record);
    console.log(record.validate);

Thread Participants: 1