Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DavidSSL is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Prevent default button action for HTML button

Answered: Prevent default button action for HTML button

I would like to know how to prevent the default action for an HTML button click event.
    My code is as follows:
    Code:
    Ext.get('copyShippingToBilling').on('click', function () {
     // Do something
     // Prevent/cancel click event
    });
    I debugged the event handler, and I saw that the Ext.get('copyShippingToBilling') was returning Ext.util.Animate which doesn't have a preventDefault() method.

So my questions are:
    1. Why am I getting an Ext.util.Animate returned? I was expecting a Ext.button.Button to be returned.
    2. How do I prevent the default behaviour of the button click?

2. Ext.get() returns an Ext.Element(). Your button is an HTML DOM element, so it will never reference anything related to an ExtJS button component. Very different things.

look at the API docs for the "click" event on Ext.Element. The first argument is the event object you want... it should have the preventDefault() method.

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

Ext.get() returns an Ext.Element(). Your button is an HTML DOM element, so it will never reference anything related to an ExtJS button component. Very different things.

look at the API docs for the "click" event on Ext.Element. The first argument is the event object you want... it should have the preventDefault() method.
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Thread Participants: 1