Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JimStoner is on a distinguished road

I agree that uiview makes up about 99% of what we use ExtND for. Conceptually we liked the idea of replicating the full UI (outlines, opening docs in integrated tabs, etc.) of the ExtND concept, but in practice that just really wasn't as valuable as we initially thought. The one component we do keep coming back for is displaying views (and picklists, which is basically a repurposed uiview). If we could get an updated version of uiview for Ext4, even without the rest of ExtND, that would be extremely helpful. In many ways, it might even be better to split that out into it's own sub-project, just to reduce the load and complexity if all you want is that component.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bob Wilson is on a distinguished road

Default Very High Expectations with Ext4 / UIView !!!

Very High Expectations with Ext4 / UIView !!!

Hello again,

This stand alone UIView / Ext4 component would really be a huge step forward as it would be more lightweight and easier to implement than a full Ext.ND library.

Is the poll opened somewhere, already ?
    As I say, I'm still highly interested in this component "alone", and would pay for it to be integrated in my Domino project.

Someone else in the same case ?

Cheers.

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    jratcliff is on a distinguished road

what version of Domino are you guys using?
    Jack Ratcliff
    Sencha Inc, Green bleeding Senchan

How to report a bug:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...o-report-a-bug

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bob Wilson is on a distinguished road

Default From 7 to 8.5

From 7 to 8.5

Hi Jack,

Nice to see you around.
    My customers have from 7 to 8.5 versions, but I would have no problem arguing that good web 2.0 applications requires a "modern" server, and it would push them into upgrading (my customers are "small" clients with no big constraints on their infrastructure).

The harder part will be to negotiate with IBM to give Sencha a percentage of their selling because of ext.nd

(mmmh, talking about this, it would be an interesting option to involve IBM... despite they made a very bad move with dojo choice).

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    jratcliff is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wilson View Post
    Hi Jack,

Nice to see you around.
    My customers have from 7 to 8.5 versions, but I would have no problem arguing that good web 2.0 applications requires a "modern" server, and it would push them into upgrading (my customers are "small" clients with no big constraints on their infrastructure).

The harder part will be to negotiate with IBM to give Sencha a percentage of their selling because of ext.nd

(mmmh, talking about this, it would be an interesting option to involve IBM... despite they made a very bad move with dojo choice).
    Involving IBM....now that's an interesting thought. Perhaps we should try that path once we have Ext.nd working with ExtJS 4.1 and have our commercial license details worked out.

Thanks for the idea!
    Jack Ratcliff
    Sencha Inc, Green bleeding Senchan

How to report a bug:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...o-report-a-bug