Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    arkos is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Differnce between Ext.setup and Ext.application

Unanswered: Differnce between Ext.setup and Ext.application

hi.

i am new on sencha touch and also new on extjs. so i walked trough the "getting startet" tutorials. it may be that i do not have all essential basics but i can not see a real difference between ext.setup and ext.application. one tutorial start with setup the next one with application. but none of the tutorials explains why...

if there is a essential difference, can anyone explain it?

thanks a lot,
    a.

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

They're very similar, but you should be using Ext.Application - which does things like setting up global namespaces for your MVC-style application, auto-creates a viewport, etc. Just read the API docs on Ext.Application.
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arthurakay View Post
    They're very similar...
    thanks a lot. that's what i need to know for now. was a bit confusing in the tutorials

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It really depends if you want to use MVC or not... Ext.Application is for MVC whereas Ext.setup is more for simpler things... just a quick note.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    It really depends if you want to use MVC or not...
    i will. i do! thanks. guess thread could be changes to "answered"...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cormac.ecs is on a distinguished road

Default How can elements be removed from the application in Ext.Setup and Ext.Application?

How can elements be removed from the application in Ext.Setup and Ext.Application?

It seems unclear from the documentation how an element in an application that is coded via Ext.Setup can be removed, versus the simpler "this.remove()" when using Ext.Application. Can anyone confirm?