Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jeanrene is on a distinguished road

Question Answered: Faq for animation / effect

Answered: Faq for animation / effect

Hi,

I'm trying to add some effects to my application but I don't really understand how to do it (for example to add an effect with show( [String/Ext.Element animateTarget], [Function callback], [Object scope] ) method when opening a popup, ...).
    Is there a faq or example to do it ?

Thanks

2. For the show() method there isn't much you can do by way of animation. The method allows you to specify an element, animateTarget, which be used to display an effect that makes the component being shown appear to launch out of the specified element.

Other effects for showing things work directly with elements, not components, but that doesn't mean you can't use them. Usually you'd do component.getEl() and then apply an animation to that element. Then you can use effects like fadeIn() on it.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

For the show() method there isn't much you can do by way of animation. The method allows you to specify an element, animateTarget, which be used to display an effect that makes the component being shown appear to launch out of the specified element.

Other effects for showing things work directly with elements, not components, but that doesn't mean you can't use them. Usually you'd do component.getEl() and then apply an animation to that element. Then you can use effects like fadeIn() on it.

Thread Participants: 1