Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

Hi Don,

Thanks for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    For IE, has anyone tried the (IE proprietary) CollectGarbage method to see if it helps?
    I just tried it with my test case: 5 columns, 30 records, reloading every 3 seconds, IE9.

~ 1 hour testing time increased memory from ~38000 KB to 63780 KB.

Then called CollectGarbage() on the console and it became 63144 KB. So, only ~600 KB off.

I call it several times more - no significant effect. Just a few bytes up and down.

So, I can say it doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    We will update you on whether or not we can reproduce it and if there are DOM leaks going on. If there are not, it is possible that it is a browser JS issue.
    Please note it is reproducible in Chrome, FireFox and IE. Unlikely it's a browser JS issue. Though anything is possible. In that case it would be great to report it to the browsers technical support.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 is on a distinguished road

Bump...this is a show stopper...

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sytel is on a distinguished road

I create real-time reporting and monitoring applications using ExtJS, so it is crucial for me to fix this. As I suspected, there are two separate issues here:

1. ExtJS uses Douglas Crockford's implementation of JSON parser, which is the problem. I have swapped the parser for this one: http://code.google.com/p/json-sans-eval/ and that stopped the leaks.
    Just include the above parser and patch ExtJS like this:
    Code:
    Ext.util.JSON.decode = jsonParse;
    Ext.decode = jsonParse;
    2. If your record id is autogenerated, it will leak.Configure your JsonReader.idProperty and make sure your id is unique. Autogenerated record id's are prefixed with 'ext-record'. This applies to all types of stores, not only JSON.

I was able to run my test case with the above modifications for 2 days without any leaks.
    The same applies to ExtJS 4.x

Hope this will help.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dcohn is on a distinguished road

This could prove to be very helpful information. But you make two very broad statements without any explanation. Can you please explain why it is that you feel that the Douglas Crockford implementation of JSON parse is the culprit, and why you think auto-generated IDs cause leaks?

Thanks

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to identify which code actually causes the leaks. I can only do my best to help all of us fixing this problem by providing test cases and a workaround without an explanation. Please verify my claims and correct me if they are wrong.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jitaec is on a distinguished road

Default Memory Leak with GridPanel and Data Store

Memory Leak with GridPanel and Data Store

Hi Ext Team,

My whole application is build on the ExtJs API and now we are facing the same memory leak issue. We are working on lots of data and we present it on Grid using Data stores. When opening the same grid panel again and again, the browser memory keeps growing and becomes unresponsive after some time. I found this thread after searching for any solution. I did not see any last response with the issue to be fixed. Can you suggest any solution of the issue. It will be a great help.

Thanks,
    Jitesh

Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by jitaec View Post
    My whole application is build on the ExtJs API and now we are facing the same memory leak issue. We are working on lots of data and we present it on Grid using Data stores. When opening the same grid panel again and again, the browser memory keeps growing and becomes unresponsive after some time. I found this thread after searching for any solution. I did not see any last response with the issue to be fixed. Can you suggest any solution of the issue. It will be a great help.
    Hi @jitaec,

Are you using ExtJS 3 or 4?

EDIT: I think I reproduced it with ExtJS 4.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265051

Also I can confirm that the issue is still actual for ExtJS 3.
    Ext.NET - ASP.NET for Ext JS
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 is on a distinguished road

You'd think that 22 months would be enough time for Sencha to 'review' this problem...

Anyone else worried about being dependent upon Sencha's support?
    Last edited by rich02818; 3 Jun 2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: actual first report was Aug 2011 not 2012

Sencha Premium Member Oliver Timm's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Oliver Timm is on a distinguished road

What´s the actual status? Is Sencha working on this issue? I have this problem in my web application with ExtJS 3.4.1. And to answer the possible question: No, it´s no option to increase the refresh limit of 5 seconds.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Has anyone tried to apply suggestions from post #13?