Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    raivis is on a distinguished road

Default GXT3.0 DP3 - Button class

GXT3.0 DP3 - Button class

Just noticed, that there is no Button class in gxt 3.0 dp3. What class is it substituted by?

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Its called TextButton now

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Finally got my test project compiling. Noticed DP3 uses GWT 2.4 rc1 as well.

As it was said in spring by Sencha, final version of GXT3 had to be released by now. We decided to wait for it for our new project. We are being pushed by our Employers to start the project ASAP. How good is GXT3? Can we start project with version DP3 or you still recommend to wait for the first beta? And approximately how long is it for the beta to come out?

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Take a look at this quote from all the Ext GWT 3 preview blog posts:

As a reminder, this is a developer preview and should not be used for production environments, as the APIs may still change between now and general availability. We recommend using these previews to get familiar with the new capabilities of Ext GWT 3.0 and to preview how you may use Ext GWT in your future projects.

If you can live with this in your production development, than you are ok with using it right now. I would not develop against it as of now

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I am aware of that. I've read all the recent posts about Ext GWT. My day at work starts with opening Sencha website and ends with it as well. It's a bit frustrating seeing only DPs when the real thing had to be out. SVN commit log also does not look promising as most of the commits come only from one person. I was just hoping to get a bit more details on the progress as I might be forced to choose different tools quite soon.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating

A full team is working on GXT3 and try to get it out as soon as possible. Expect a beta sooner than later, however it has not yet reached beta status.

Thread Participants: 1