Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    joelcarlo is on a distinguished road

Default Import support for image sequences & .eps/.ai format support

Import support for image sequences & .eps/.ai format support

Hi, new to the forum. Ive been testing Sencha for the last two days and would like to request two features that would help with animations.

The first would be the ability to import a sequence of images into an existing container. I work periodically with After Effects and Swift3D to export multi-frame animations in both .eps and .png formats. Having the ability to import multiple images as a sequence would be extremely appreciated. I'm not sure if ths feature already exists, but if it does, I could not find it.

Also, as far as I can tell, there is no support for vector import in Sencha. This is the other feature that I believe would be extremely helpful as an alternative to raster based animations and also with keeping animation/project sizes down to a minimum.

Vote Rating
    arnebech will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the feature requests. Improved image importing is definitely coming. We're experimenting with SVG support.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Srancsik is on a distinguished road

I share your point of view. It is crucially important to have either a support for .svg, .ai, .eps or to have a trace bitmap option. I would absolutely fall in love with Sencha in case it would be able to trace bitmaps.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    John deLorimier is on a distinguished road

Default Frame by Frame

Frame by Frame

I've also been leaning the software and would like to see more frame-by-frame support both in the Timeline and as an import feature. It would be really helpful if I could step through the timeline frame by frame and as I do so tweak the position of an image. Flash lets you step through the timeline, but is weak letting you easily position sprites.

Also importing a series of images is important for creating traditional animation movements (a person walking).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shamus84 is on a distinguished road

Default Has this been addressed yet

Has this been addressed yet

Has there been any updates regarding image sequences?

Vote Rating
    arnebech will become famous soon enough

No, not at this point.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nikclifford is on a distinguished road

any update on importing image sequence

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

As of Animator 1.5 we have added a basic support for keyframe animation. In general you should create a spritesheet and then through settings you can adjust the easing function to step through the keyframes one at the time.

On how to do this there is an explanation in the documentation here: http://docs.sencha.com/animator/1.5/...ncepts_sprites

But you should also take a look at this post:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...encha-Animator